• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ANYONE USING 919 MC SECTION?

Register to hide this ad
Hello there,
Not currently using it, but I have used it in the past with a variety of MCs (AT, Ortofon, Denon). I would say it is good enough that you will need to spend some serious money to gain a significant step.

It is not as good as a top-line SUT (Hashimoto) but better than an AT630.

It is not as good as a Denon HA500, but it is miles better than a Cambridge 640P or a Rotel RQ-970BX.

Hopefully that gives you some reference points.

regards

Angus
 
used the section briefly with a Denon DL-304. Sounded good. Same Cart on a AU-111G with a set of AT630's sounded warmer. Presently using the Phono Section on a CA3000 with a pair of AT630's. The MC section was recapped about 2 years ago with the rest of the AU-919.
 
While I don't have-use a 919 I believe the mc section will do fine with all mc carts. Back then they were designing phono stages seriously. I don't see why 919's mc stage would not be excellent.
I'm using all mc's carts on my rigs. Even with G22000 . CA 3000 also , no problem . On C2301 also I use two of them , a Dennon dl304 and a BENZ micro. I have a spare dl 304 , and the only mm I own is a ORTOFON OM 30 . Very nice cart for it's money , BUT can not touch or even get close to mc,s.
I don't see why 919's mc section would be questionable. It's a very decent phono stage.
 
In good shape and properly adjusted I found it excellent with Ortofon MC cartridges. My 919 is sitting idle, really should seek out and the D11. The D11 and the 919 MC phono sections are very similar, the D11 2 is a simpler cheaper to manufacture design.
 
The D11 II MC input consists of a Step-Up-Transformer (SUT) driving into the MM/RIAA stage, which is based on a simpler IC design. The SUT in the D11 II was designed by Sansui's chief transformer engineer before he left to form Hashimoto.

regards

Angus
 
Back
Top Bottom