• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Are you jealous of good looking people?

They are all jealous of me because I look the best in the mirror.:D

No jealousy here. I do admire someone who keeps themselves fit as I should do. I admire a shirtless, well-built, well-sculptured male jogging on the road because I admire the dedication they take to their fitness. I figure they work for it and earn it. I think nothing of whether it is easier or not fair. I have my own gifts that they do not. I enjoy the things that I want to rather than going to the gym. Be happy working toward what you enjoy and enjoy what you have worked for.
 
G'day all. Good morning from here. Maybe it's just not 'appearance'. :yes: I've always had an unusual gait that is part of the Aspergers Syndrome 'physical clumsiness' aspect, made worse in recent years (since 1988), by my permanent spinal cord injury and I've often noticed that people tend to look at me strangely due to the way that I walk.

That leads to the conclusion that 'there is something wrong with him... he's different.' Yes that happens. For me sometimes I find a strong confident walk is attractive and exudes power, confidence and strength. The so called 'models walk' is an example of this. Interesting isn't it? :yes: Regards, Felix aka catman.

Felix we have to work with what we have. Go watch an old Groucho Marx Movie, he walked funny on purpose--turned it into millions. Unfortunately if you dwell on it to much, you may miss out. You may think that lovely lady at the Post Office is looking at you because of your stride, but really she's looking at you because she thinks you're cute.

Take care,

Rob
 
G'day all, further reflections. One thing that annoys me is that some people have the sort of physique that I wish I could have with no real effort. That makes me a little jealous.

I know that despite all the weight training, sit ups and exercise bike work I do, the best I can expect and do, is to just trim down. I wish I could achieve more but I realise that's not feasible. That 'inherent unfairness' aspect again! Regards, Felix aka catman.
 
I've never had a very good picture of myself, in my mind, about wether I was/am good-looking. I've always thought of myself as being pretty flawed, because of my bad eyes mostly, but at the same time, I'm aware that "some" other people see me as good-looking, and "some" think I'm just pathetic. :D I wouldn't really care too much either way, but the jealous jackasses in the world can really make your life miserable, for no good reason. I can kind of understand some people wanting to level the field, with the vain & arrogant types, "if" they deserve it, but some people deal out that kind of crap for no good reason. :thumbsdn: I figure God/karma will give them their fair reward, in due time. :yes:
 

:thmbsp: One of my favorites.

I think there are several different interpretations to the question. Not jealous, but doesn't everyone fantasize being James Bond occasionally? But would I be vain enough to undertake plastic surgery? NO. I'll take the way I am, plain ol' me. If plain ol' me was better looking, I wouldn't complain, but it's not a big deal. If looks were the only thing my friends judged, what kind of friends would they be?

Ginger Zee, the meteorologist on ABC network, and formerly on the local NBC station in Chicago, is VERY good looking, and according to an interview, she was warned that it could be a handicap because people might not take her seriously. - So, there can be drawbacks to physical beauty too (Not saying that I'm anywhere near that category!).
 
No he wasn't, though may have been to some because of his confidence, which he exuded. He was striking, with predominantly grey hair from the age of 23, which was attributed to his serving as a Sniper in the Scots Guards in Italy in WW11.

On many occasions I have been seated at a dinner table at a function, and guests would murmur to each other "Who is that?". Women were like bees to a honey pot. He didn't suffer fools gladly. Heard he died about 2004ish.

He was also the only person I knew that could pass a slot machine, reach for loose change and win every time.:smoke:


Stay thirsty my friends......

:D
 
No. But I do notice that some men and women have an attitude when they know that there attractive.

Being attractive does has it's perks. When an attractive woman comes in a store with a skimpy outfit, she gets the most attention by the salesmen on the floor.

Mostly personality and character wins in the end.
 
G'day all. Good morning from here. Maybe it's just not 'appearance'. :yes: I've always had an unusual gait that is part of the Aspergers Syndrome 'physical clumsiness' aspect, made worse in recent years (since 1988), by my permanent spinal cord injury and I've often noticed that people tend to look at me strangely due to the way that I walk.

That leads to the conclusion that 'there is something wrong with him... he's different.' Yes that happens. For me sometimes I find a strong confident walk is attractive and exudes power, confidence and strength. The so called 'models walk' is an example of this. Interesting isn't it? :yes: Regards, Felix aka catman.

Well more fool them, we know who you really are Felix, who was it said "Beauty is only skin deep" and "The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another..."
 
I consider myself pretty average. I've accumulated a few scars and dents over the years. Hair is missing in places it 'should be' and growing in places it 'should not be'. I really don't care much. I keep up my appearance for reasons of hygiene more than for reasons of maintaining an attractive appearance.

Felix, you look like a pretty average looking dude to me. If people look at you disapprovingly due to an odd gait or different speech pattern, they are the ones with the problem, not you. Physical appearance doesn't define who you are. If it does, you have a pretty shallow life. Lucky for us, it does not in your case. You are someone with strong opinions and deep knowledge of various aspects of this hobby that we all enjoy. I've learned quite a bit from you over the years.

Whenever I feel down about myself, this song runs through my head. There is little to no truth in it but it makes me smile. Puts things into perspective. There is something good and hidden in all of us.

http://youtu.be/HpY3ggKAPIE
 
If you're a man, ugliness can buff out with charisma and humor, but much much muuuch more with money.

Donald Trump, no charisma, hair, billions, wife Melania, you're fired... do the math.
 
This is not a question I ponder much. What is attractive? That is almost ENTIRELY a culturally and historically specific set of judgments. Depends on where and when you are. And if you "accept" or "internalize" those standards which has more to do with who you are and your personal history.

Concerning inferiority, the body, etc. Alfred Adler had a few thoughts on that, I believe.

Then there is the "other" problem. TIME! Beautiful people WHEN? Have you not noticed that some individuals who were poster boys and girls in High School, don't look that way anymore? One's appearance is ALWAYS changing. There wouldn't be a huge business in plastic surgery for the STARS if that were not so. Gravity doth make TROLLS of us all! lol

In time, everyone will be less and less of what he or she was. So why focus on a snapshot of time and hypostatize it as timeless? (Take a set of pictures from birth to your present, and line them up, which ONE of those is YOU, the REAL YOU?)

After all, we're all going to look like "dirt" in the end!

And since when have the "greatest" amongst us always been the "best looking"? RARELY!

IMO, Felix; you look fine! And so does Mr. Theremin, above!

cnh2
 
Last edited:
...Have you not noticed that some individuals who were poster boys and girls in High School, don't look that way anymore?...

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Of my graduating class of 795 individuals, I've concluded that one and only one looks as good now as she did then and only she was instantly recognizeable at the 30th reunion.

I couldn't even begin to figure out who the rest might have ever been, except for one other woman, who's a Broadway singer but all that perky from the high school stage has gone all Cruella DeVille on her.
 
Back
Top Bottom