• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AU-919 Caps on back of Control Amp.

Engels13

Member
Looking at a AU-919 restore I noticed the pf caps on the back of the control amp board. I don't have these on my 919 control amp board. Why are they there and do they need to be there?
 

Attachments

  • DSC012621024x768.jpg
    DSC012621024x768.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC012691024x768.jpg
    DSC012691024x768.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 52
Register to hide this ad
Hi,

That looks like the Flat Amp F-2841.

Those capacitors go from the collector to the base of several transistors on thiw board, and are fitted I beleive for stability purposes (prevent parasitic oscillations occuring). My bet is that the pictures are showing an early manufacured unit, where the caps have been fitted on after the board design was complete - a production line mod which occurs in many Sansui and other vintage gear. Your unit may be a later production run where the board design was changed to accommodate the caps mounted from the component side. The service manual I have for the 919 shows these capacitors fitted to the component side of the board.

Cheers

John
 
Many thanks for the explanation John. Good to know, thought I forgot something after all the work on it.
 
Back
Top Bottom