• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AU D9 stuck in protection mode

Gdizard

Member
Hello !
Does anyone have experience with a Sansui AU D9 that is stuck in protection mode ?
Does it cost a lot to have this repaired ?
thank you in advance for reading !
Sincerely Greg
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Greg! Welcome to Audio Karma!

I had one, but it wasn't stuck in protection mode. I'm jumping in just to say it is an excellent amp, especially with the right speakers. MM/MC cartridge select, etc. If you already have it, great stuff. All you need to do is find a repair tech, or try your hand at it. Not the easiest, but not the hardest either. If you are going to try fixing it yourself, and you don't have experience, you first need to learn to solder or you will ruin the PCB. You Tube will help you with that. And you will need a minimum of a multimeter, small needle nose pliers, a solder sucker (different types available including solder wick), an oscilloscope, a Dim Bulb Protector, and signal generator. I think that should be a start. Good luck!

If you are getting it done, I recommend you do some research before you bring it anywhere. There are many good techs, and you don't want to leave that gorgeous amp with a hacker. It is rare that something I get needs more than $100 in repairs, but I have a good business relationship with my tech.

Edit: I found mine difficult to pair with speakers. I think partly because I like acoustic suspension speakers generally. The best match I had with the AU-D9 is with Genesis Physics 2 speakers. That was a phenomenal matching.
 
Back
Top Bottom