• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audiogon fails to impress

More than one site thought they needed to make changes/refresh and in the end shot themselves in the foot. Audiogon just shot themselves in both feet. I'm glad I didn't have anything listed and in the middle of making a sale.
 
Saw something I want but I cannot log in! I do not have much history, so I tried setting up a new account using a different email account. Everything looked good - even got the confirmation email to activate the account. When I clicked the link to activate I was sent to the page stating I would get a confirmation email to activate my account and I should follow its instructions to complete the activation.......


It goes in circles - no way to even create a new account.
 
interesting. i can log in, but i had to click on a link twice to get it to show up (first time it gave a server error). strangely, it's showing an item that was marked as "sold" before the changeover as now available. i wonder if that's a glitch or if the sale fell through due to the changeover...
 
I originally thought my account was lost. So I set up a new account using my old info. I got bounced - site said the username and email were already taken. So my original account info is in there but I cannot access it. I tried logging in again using Firefox instead of IE8 - same results.

They said all user accounts are back up but they must have had some fall through the cracks.



UPDATE - tried resending the account confirmation email for my new account. This time it worked and I was able to access the new account and purchase something I was looking for. Now to see if the transaction will actually go through. Shipping has to be added by the seller - something different than before. Used to be you could compute shipping before buying and shipping would be added automatically.
 
Last edited:
The smoke will clear and it will be a better Audiogon. Patience.

I for one like the new interface better. For one thing the way photographs are handled is much better. Click on a picture and it opens an applet where you easily scroll through pictures (like Ebay). The old way it would open a whole new browser page for each picture which was archaic. I dissagree that it looks worse also, I think it looks cleaner and more contemporary. I always have been the odd man out though.

In the end it will be fixed and we'll probably forget all about this in a month.

With all due respect to the defenders of the monumental screw-up of what used to be a pretty good (and very easy to use and reliable) website...:drool:

It stinks.:thumbsdn:
 
Last edited:
I logged in and looked at my home page, found a transaction there for an M&K subwoofer I supposedly bought that's waiting for the seller to post shipping costs so I can finish the transaction.

Complete BS, never saw the listing before tonight nor did I bid on it. I don't even like M&K!

In all fairness, maybe that mistake was there before they FUBAR'd the site... but I don't think so.

John
 
I logged in and looked at my home page, found a transaction there for an M&K subwoofer I supposedly bought that's waiting for the seller to post shipping costs so I can finish the transaction.

Complete BS, never saw the listing before tonight nor did I bid on it. I don't even like M&K!

In all fairness, maybe that mistake was there before they FUBAR'd the site... but I don't think so.

John

I bought some Clearaudio Magix via A'gon at least 18 months to two years ago.Supposedly I won the items 3 days ago and am awaiting shipping costs from the seller. :nutz:

Ignore the supposed item and contact A'gon.
 
Here's hoping they get it fixed cause I've a lot of **** to sell that's not Barter Town freindly ($$$).

The new search sucks and the product type listings are more difficult to read.

Also noticed that you have to navigate through more pages than before, which probably results in higher advertizing revenues for the greedy capitalists.

KISS and "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ignored by Audiogon.

Has Audiogon killed the goose that lays the golden egg? Know I've got way more audio gear than I will ever really need thanks in a large part to Audiogon.
 
"Welcome to the new Audiogon! We are currently in beta. Please read our blog for more information and let us know if something's not working."

Apparently they're in the dark.:scratch2:

So I clicked on "Amplifiers-Tube". Here's what I got:

"Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

Should we let them know? :D
 
Audiogon for sale listings shrinking

I have been searching Audiogon for the same brand and categories almost daily for seven years. Today, it appears the number of items for sale in each of these brand and categories is less than half as many as it was five days ago. Does this mean sellers are allowing ads to expire without renewing? I have four items for sale now; have received no questions or offers since the changes took place. Guessing I'm not the only one who stopped shopping and spending money. I had depended on Audiogon to keep my hobby alive and well. BUMMER.
 
"Welcome to the new Audiogon! We are currently in beta. Please read our blog for more information and let us know if something's not working."

Apparently they're in the dark.:scratch2:

So I clicked on "Amplifiers-Tube". Here's what I got:

"Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

Should we let them know? :D

hit back and then click again. might work the second time.
 
That happened with Audiworld. They went from Kawf to vBulletin and everyone revolted. One of the guys involved - I think he was forced out of the AW operation during the turmoil - started Quattroworld using Kawf and everyone flocked to it. I'm pretty sure QW still gets more traffic than AW. It wasn't necessarily the forum software change, but the arrogance of ownership to refuse to give the user community what they wanted.

Hey Russ, I was a huge AudiWorld guy, by the same handle. Quattroworld did great to revive kawf and I love it as a forum app, but it still isn't the same. I loved AWOT, but QWOT is a bunch of nancy-boys trying to look cool.

At least AW still has their tech articles. They are my bible for my pair of A4s.
 
Hey Russ, I was a huge AudiWorld guy, by the same handle. Quattroworld did great to revive kawf and I love it as a forum app, but it still isn't the same. I loved AWOT, but QWOT is a bunch of nancy-boys trying to look cool.

At least AW still has their tech articles. They are my bible for my pair of A4s.

I see you post occasionally in the QW AV forum.

You're right about QWOT. It's an utter waste of time and I haven't visited in a very, very long time. By the same token, I have only gone to AW maybe once or twice in the last year to check a model guide for info.

Alas, the tech info that was supposed to get put into a wiki at QW never really took off.
 
I'm curious to what extent their new design reflects user feedback. Did they ever conduct a poll or survey to find out what advertisers, sellers, buyers and browsers would like to see changed? Did they conduct focus groups on proposed redesign? If not, how in the #&!! did they have any idea they knew what they were doing? Oh wait, maybe they didn't...
 
Back
Top Bottom