• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Audiokarma is being reborn - Vbulletin upgrade

I don't know that I install all of them because the neon green and pink is just hideous.

Awwwwww shucks! Bummer!

...just kiddin'

Thanks for all the unseen and unsung work that goes on behind the curtain to keep this great site purring along. :thmbsp:
 
Like assholes, everyone has their own opinion. The real trick is to express it without insulting anyone and looking like, well, an asshole.

As far as discussions, I've NEVER seen the subject discussed here, so I'm rather confounded about your statement about 'locking' a thread because of it. If it's an inside joke, you're the only one privy to the punch line (queue the sound of one hand clapping).

I believe the gentleman was joking.
 
That is so great to hear about chat getting away from java. Hopefully will be able to access from a smartphone as well.
 
What you don't see are the security issues and the amount of work done behind the scenes to keep AK running without tons of spammers.

True dat!!

And THANK YOU to all involved for giving up your week-end so that we may continue to be so.:thmbsp:
 
This is gonna be like waiting for Apollo 13 to establish radio contact after re-entry.

images
 
Looking forward to the "New Look". Best of luck and I hope it goes well for you.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the well wishes. Yes, this is a ton of work. So please be patient even after we are back online, as there will still be a lot to do. Not the least of which is me learning a whole new software package to run the forums. Back to school time.
 
Thanks for the heads up.

Those complaining about this taking an entire weekend are akin to smokers who can't go for 30 minutes without a cigarette.
 
I am a mod at warez site , and people have no idea how much data is collected to be migrated for a site upgrade the latest Vb upgrade had some major issues to resolve on our site
 
Hey Ward...just out of curiosity since I spent the years of my pre-audio youth running chat rooms..what system are you guys going with?

We are upgrading from vBulletin 3.8.6 to vBulletin 5.1.5. This is a major change.
 
2 days without AK? What to do, what to do? Oh, buy more gear and post it on the 9th.
 
Last edited:
Now, I have to get some needed work done around here while the update takes place. :D

Well, thanks to all involved in making an already wonderful website even more special.

Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom