• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audiokarma is being reborn - Vbulletin upgrade

Thanks for doing the upgrade over a weekend. I need my AudioKarma screw-off breaks at work through the week!
 
Will we receive rebates of our yearly membership fees for the 2 days that the site is down? In my case, that would be 14 cents.
 
Thanks to all the unsung heroes, admins and mods, for making this site a cool and comfy place to hang out. :smoke::thmbsp:
 
Good. Not to be rude, but I dislike it when sites still use ancient versions of software. This version is from around 2008, which might seem recent, but when looking at it from a technical point of view, that's far too long. AudioKarma, and other forums as well, have always looked outdated to me. Not that that's a major turn off for me, but I like to see new software, and it's great AK is stepping up its game. Chapeau AK Administrators, for doing the right thing once again!
 
As someone who's been in the IT business for nearly 30 years (god I'm now seriously depressed) I can tell you this won't be a casual endeavor. Just upgrading a database can be a fingers crossed, pucker-inducing affair.

I hope everyone takes a deep breath and makes allowances for a glitch or two while the kinks get worked out. Major upgrades like this can take a week or so to even out but in the end I bet it'll be more than worth it. I was just looking at the new software and it looks very cool and feature-rich. And probably much easier and robust to maintain on the back end.

Much luck with the upgrade, and may the force be with you.
 
For all you junkies who need some methadone, sign up for reddit. On the side bar of the sub r/audiophile is an extensive break down of all of the relevant audio subs including a very active r/vintageaudio sub.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
For all you junkies who need some methadone, sign up for reddit. On the side bar of the sub r/audiophile is an extensive break down of all of the relevant audio subs including a very active r/vintageaudio sub.

My oldest son and his girlfriend live on reddit. I joined and checked it out. Good place for recommendations of which USB turntable to get. :D

This place sometimes makes me feel old, but reddit made me feel like a...well really old.

Never knew there was a vintage audio subreddit though.:scratch2:
 
My oldest son and his girlfriend live on reddit. I joined and checked it out. Good place for recommendations of which USB turntable to get. :D

This place sometimes makes me feel old, but reddit made me feel like a...well really old.

Never knew there was a vintage audio subreddit though.:scratch2:
Dreddit? For those who are afraid of social media...

;)
 
Thanks goes out to all those who have to work on the upgrade all weekend.

I've been through a number of system upgrades over the years. Most went well, a few went bad. We never made everyone happy.

Not much sleep, lousy fast food for eats, staring at computer screens, and talking on cell phones for hours, time away from family and friends, all to make sure it all goes as planned, or advertized.

Not a lot of fun.

Thanks again.
 
This is very sad......

Grumpy told me years ago not to worry about going to VB4+,he didnt like it either....

I guess I wont be coming here anymore..... VB4 and higher is ugly,slower and a disgrace to vbulletin....


Very sad.......

Yes it IS A MAJOR CHANGE!!

GOING FROM SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL TO GARBAGE!!


Un-needed.... THE SITE IS FINE ON THIS!!


WHY MESS WITH SOMETHING THATS BEEN WORKING?????????

Dude (Literally) ... take a chill pill and relax.

Frannie
 
Man, two days. Now I won't have an excuse not to go to the reunion. :tears:

Maybe I'll be in the detox chamber instead.:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom