• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Black Faced g771

Whats All The Fussing About?????????

Unless Im blind it says G771 1973 45wpc black faced and real dark wood-it looks so tough. The seller says something about no sound comes out-oh boy and I just visited a tech-geek here in Portland,Or and he says that Sansuis are sometimes hard to restore depending what is wrong with it! I will start praying for this thing to come back to life!
 
Don't believe your blind Cylontymany. It's just that the manufactured date and WPC power your saying doesn't match up with a G-771. I think you do have a G-771, and it is 120 WPC, as Robisme referred to. Here is a snapshot I took of a Sansui report showing the model#/manufactured dates/WPC/& etc. for the G-771 & 771.

Whichever one it is I wish you luck in getting it back up to snuff. I've owned, and lovingly enjoyed, a 661 and G-8000. There is nothing to me like the sound of a piece of Sansui gear when it is performing well.

g-771.jpg


771.jpg
 
I do believe you have G-771 black face receiver. It has 120wpc as Robisme said. Just when you get it report back to us on what is wrong with it.
 
I looked at recently completed auctions, and a big g G-771 sold out of Roseburg, Oregon, as the OP intends to take it to Portland to get it fixed I think that's what he has,so he's just incorrect about wattage output.:yes:
 
I use it's big brother G-871Db at 170wpc as my bedroom stereo powering some rare Infinity WTLC speakers. It's a great receiver in terms of receivers. My big Sansui separates all run big infinity's in my main setup.... so you see I am biased but take a peek at the Infinity board here at Ak.... I think a pair of the smaller early 80's vintage (pre- Harman) RS series Infinty's with Emit tweets will make you forget most other brands.... I've owned 'em all at one point.
 
Opee Returns

OK I just looked at the back of the unit and it says: voltage ac 100/120/220 volts and Power 430 watts-I guess it is the 120 wpc per posts above and I put my readers on and to re-verifiy it is a genuine G-771. Hope this helps! Now I need the best guy here in Portland,Oregon to do his magic on this beauty!
 
Its Toast!!!

Well, I got the bad news today from my tech that the previous owner tried to fix this before I got it totally blew this thing! One circut board is cracked in half among other things! I am really upset and I learned a rookies lesson I guess. Now I have to find another one!
 
Well, I got the bad news today from my tech that the previous owner tried to fix this before I got it totally blew this thing! One circut board is cracked in half among other things! I am really upset and I learned a rookies lesson I guess. Now I have to find another one!

What board is cracked? I have a few for that receiver.

Rob
 
Even toast can be fixed but it may not be cost effective to have a shop do it. Cracked circuit boards can be patched back together. If not, parts can be scavenged.

Even broken that receiver has value. DO NOT throw it out. The face plate will easily interchange with the silver one on any G-7700.

Didn't you just buy it? Have you discussed the problems with the seller?

- Pete
 
I may Try To Fix

I was told what was wrong I need to have it clarified with the tech! It aint gona be cheap plus I am concerned that if the tech uses aftermarket parts it may not sound the same as original? I will find out what needs replacing and post it. What ticks me off about this that the seller had tried to fix it and made it worst then sold it to make it someone elses problem!
 
Look for speakers with good phase consistancy.
Ive got JBL 4410A's on my AU-999 I like that combo.....................
 
Back
Top Bottom