• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bozak E-300 Urban's

highping

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So what does a 50 year old do on his birthday? Oh, I don't know, maybe do some horse trading for a pair of Bozak E-300 Urban's. :)

For future reference, yes, they will fit in the back seat of a 96 Taurus. :D
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Right on dude!!! I can't think of a better b'day present. How do they sound? Do you have pix of the guts? What are your plans for them? What are you driving them with?
 
wow, nice pickup! are these the ones from the guy in Kent? They look a lot better than what his pics showed! I picked up the pair of B-301A Tempos today and the sound fantastic. So I know you'll REALLY like the Urbans!
 
Thanks for the kind Birthday wishes guys. I've had enough time to clear the table for them and take pictures. The owner warned me that I will need to check the crossovers before using them. He said they weren't mounted?

I will eventually use my Eico HF-22's with them. Waiting for the WAF to be monitored. She liked the look of the speakers, but I remeber her not being too keen on the Eico's. Her first question: "Are there covers for those?" :D

Attached is the manner in which one of my brothers let everyone know it was my birthday today. He parked down the road and did this in the middle of the night. :D

Time for a nice roast beef dinner, compliments of the wife. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
That's a fantastic looking pair of speakers. Happy birthday to you. Only nine more years until my 50th. Maybe I'll get a pair then.
 
Just wondering are those the same as the 302a Urban?They look the same as mine.

Mine too. Circa 1960. However the previous owner of mine stupidly removed the legs, and couldn't remember what had happened to them after 49 years. Though I had a carpenter friend fabricate a pedestal base for my pair.

The 300 is essentially the same Urban cabinet with a B-207 woofer-tweeter array. But without the B-209 mid range driver. If highping adds the 209 mid they will become 302A Urbans.
 
Here's a pic of the Bozaks without the grills.

The previous owner wasn't kidding when he said the crossovers weren't mounted. I snapped a wire in my feeble attempt to get them loaded into my car. I got to test my soldering skills (which suck).

Fired them up with the SX-1080. I think both the 1080 and Bozaks needed to warm up before performing at their best. I wasn't impressed with my first listening. I came back to them 10 minutes later, and yes, I can agree with everyones compliments regarding their sound.

Accurate without sounding harsh is how I would describe them....can't wait to hear the tubed amps on them. :)
 
Last edited:
Those look great. I've always wanted a pair of Urbans...congrats on them. I've only heard one pair in my life but I really really liked what I heard. So much that I bought the amp that was playing through them (Fisher x202)...but didn't have room for the speakers as I was traveling.
 
The 300 is essentially the same Urban cabinet with a B-207 woofer-tweeter array. But without the B-209 mid range driver. If highping adds the 209 mid they will become 302A Urbans.

Looks like yours are 302A Urbans with the mids added!!! Bonus Time!
 
Those are 302a. Congrats in a big way. To help the high end you can lift the front to get the tweeters dispersion more inline with your listeing postion. Look for a really good SS amp in the 20 - 50 watt range with a really good 1st watt. While the drivers are pre-SS era, they can sound better with an SS amp.
 
Looks like yours are 302A Urbans with the mids added!!! Bonus Time!

:yes:

Those are 302a. Congrats in a big way. To help the high end you can lift the front to get the tweeters dispersion more inline with your listeing postion. Look for a really good SS amp in the 20 - 50 watt range with a really good 1st watt. While the drivers are pre-SS era, they can sound better with an SS amp.
IME. Yes, yes and yes to all of the above.
Just my .02 cents. :D
 
I'm facing 40 next year. Yikes.

Those are in great shape. I want a pair of Bozaks really bad. I already have the perfect receiver for them. Even the 302's are huge though. You need a fair amount of space unless you're prepared to get rid of a couple of end tables, or whatever you need to 86 in order to accommodate those things.
 
Back
Top Bottom