• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Brent Jessee of Audiotubes.com retired, Audiotubes to reopen soon under new ownership

FWIW, I have sent 2 email inquiries over the last month or so and have yet to receive a response. I only did this because the site was updated to reflect that they were processing orders again, albeit may be taking a while. I'm sure he is busy but why update site info if you aren't ready. It's just a waste of my and other customer's time. Rant Over!
 
I paid for a pair of Mullards in mid-June after consulting with Jon on my needs. About a week later he said they would go out on Monday which would have been last week and my recent inquiries have gone unanswered. I guess he must be swamped!
 
Has anyone here ordered since Jon took over? I paid on June 18th and two weeks ago he said he'd ship and it's been crickets since then. I asked for an update last week and today. Nada. We're at the point where I'm about to contact my credit card company. Wondering if anyone has ordered and received their tubes.
 
Has anyone here ordered since Jon took over? I paid on June 18th and two weeks ago he said he'd ship and it's been crickets since then. I asked for an update last week and today. Nada. We're at the point where I'm about to contact my credit card company. Wondering if anyone has ordered and received their tubes.
ooh, thats no good.
 
Crazy, they showed up just now. Amusingly, they were delivered at the same time I got an email from Jon telling me the tracking number. He said the assistant was supposed to have let me know. Whew. I was getting nervous. I bought a Softone Model 4 and wasn't digging the sound with the Sovteks it came with so I figured Mullard goodness would help. At least they're here. Whether they save the day or not, we'll see.
 
Crazy, they showed up just now. Amusingly, they were delivered at the same time I got an email from Jon telling me the tracking number. He said the assistant was supposed to have let me know. Whew. I was getting nervous. I bought a Softone Model 4 and wasn't digging the sound with the Sovteks it came with so I figured Mullard goodness would help. At least they're here. Whether they save the day or not, we'll see.
A marvelous pice of equipment for the money, mine is running on Telefunken ECC803S to my "childish" delight!

P4120005.jpg
 
I would give him a little time. I imagine quite a learning curve. Paul.
not for this guy.
hes been a tube seller for ages--sold off his entire inventory to another dealer, then coupla years later bought brents business.
 
Yes, my tubes arrived and they have elevated my Softone. I'd changed interconnects to Synergistic Research Element Copper and that helped the forward nature of the soundstage and thinned the highs some. The new, well, old Mullard tubes took away the thin and bright sound I've been hearing with the Sovteks. They got better the more I played. Just what the doctor ordered.

The transaction wasn't awesome. A couple weeks ago Jon sent an email saying, "I apologize again" when he hadn't apologized previously. Obviously, he's swamped. Which make sense, it would be large endeavor to take that over and I imagine there are a lot of orders hitting his inbox. It does sound like he's got someone helping him, but I bet he could use a few! In any event, I got my tubes, they're wonderful and while, initially, I wasn't so excited about my time with the new phono pre, now it's sounding more in line with what people have said about it online.
 
Yes, my tubes arrived and they have elevated my Softone. I'd changed interconnects to Synergistic Research Element Copper and that helped the forward nature of the soundstage and thinned the highs some. The new, well, old Mullard tubes took away the thin and bright sound I've been hearing with the Sovteks. They got better the more I played. Just what the doctor ordered.

The transaction wasn't awesome. A couple weeks ago Jon sent an email saying, "I apologize again" when he hadn't apologized previously. Obviously, he's swamped. Which make sense, it would be large endeavor to take that over and I imagine there are a lot of orders hitting his inbox. It does sound like he's got someone helping him, but I bet he could use a few! In any event, I got my tubes, they're wonderful and while, initially, I wasn't so excited about my time with the new phono pre, now it's sounding more in line with what people have said about it online.
It´s ( to my old ears) in the MM input where's the "magic" lies, the MC transformers do what you can expect for the money ( not bad at all) but I have other MC transformers (SUT ́s) that are much more refined (Tamura, Uesugi, Hashimoto & Lundahl)
 
I find it very interesting that Brent Jesse had such a large following. He rarely had New in Original Box tubes.

Brent tested tubes well and offered a good warranty. Folks were obviously satisfied with his service. However, note that his prices were well above average !

Fast forward to today. Folks who ordered tubes weeks ago still wait for their tubes and/or responses. We don't need to know why the delays occur. The new owner is obviously a busy guy. Blaming a helper does not invoke anything positive. Yet, we all still hope this tube seller gets the biz going...

I have a recommendation for fellow tube users and collectors. AK has the Barter Town classified ads, available via augmenting our membership. With a step-up to "Subscriber" status, we can place Wanted to Buy, Wanted to Trade, plus For Sale ads, as well as receive other benefits, including the ability to edit our posts. The Subscriber status costs $25. per year, always available at the top of the opening page.

Within the Barter Town, reside friendly, fellow collectors. Placing a "Wanted to Buy" or WTTrade ad will invariably result in numerous responses from helpful Folks.

Keep in mind that the Subscribers who buy, trade or sell at BT are subject to Feedback, readable by all AK members. This is a significant assurance policy.

Tube audio is a large part of our audiokarma.org.

Consider placing Want Ads for tubes you need, within Barter Town.
Since many of us fellow collectors like trading, a la the "one turn-on for another" approach, also consider offering Wanted to Trade ads.

Lastly, I want everyone to know that the benefits of AK are well evidenced by becoming a Subscriber.
 
It´s ( to my old ears) in the MM input where's the "magic" lies, the MC transformers do what you can expect for the money ( not bad at all) but I have other MC transformers (SUT ́s) that are much more refined (Tamura, Uesugi, Hashimoto & Lundahl)
Since I have the Hana SH, that's what I'm using. In fact, the only reason I even have an outboard phono stage is so I can send the signal into my Decware Zrock3. And it's working out now that I have the Mullards in. Someone suggested I use the supplied power cord, so I'm going to dig that out and try it. The Softone is a very nice piece of equipment with the right tubes.
 
Maybe, a separate post re: Softone or Decware preamps is warranted ?

Tube sellers and fellow tube collectors probably do not usually have your favorite preamplifiers on hand.
 
Back
Top Bottom