• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C-130 Fans Here in AudioKarma?

Now I remember, I've read a few of your posts before.
Since you now live in München and have married a beautiful Bavarian girl, you are now officially a, Münchner. :thmbsp:

I'm starting to feel like it at least. Today we had some nice warm 60°F weather. My wife and I took a nice hour bicycle ride before our kids came over.

Merry Christmas!
James
 
Nudie:

India-C-130j.jpg

Sweet photo! Thanks.

James
 
C-130s are great aircraft.

Yes they are. Here are a few links to enjoy...
http://www.c-130hercules.net/content.php
http://www.amarcexperience.com/
http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/REV B MAM HOME PAGE.htm
http://www.oldwings.nl/content/c123t/c123t.htm

The last link, the C-123T was a very interesting bird. I was able to take a tour of it once sometime in '81. With 2 T-56-A-7 engines it must have had serious performance increase, what with double the HP and 4 bladed props. My memory is getting faulty and I can't remember if it was at Pope AFB or Werner-Robbins AFB.

Cheers,
James
 
. So I left after 4 years and came back to Germany where I still live today.

BTW I LOVE anything that flies! I remember the F-15s shaking my dorm room all night when they took off. And during my stay at Hurlburt the C-130s did the same thing. I got used to it.

Good times !

Good times indeed. I really miss the smell of burned kerosine and the sound of big turboprops in the background. If you ever find yourself in München I'll be sure to have something cold to drink on hand...

Cheers,
James
 
Is there ANYTHING the Herky Bird HASN'T done in its nearly 60 years of service ? And like its bigger cousin, the BUFF/ B-52, it'll be going strong for a LONG time to come....It's a "Proven" platform, hard to argue w/almost 60 years of service, often in wartime/arduous conditions..
 
Is there ANYTHING the Herky Bird HASN'T done in its nearly 60 years of service ? And like its bigger cousin, the BUFF/ B-52, it'll be going strong for a LONG time to come....It's a "Proven" platform, hard to argue w/almost 60 years of service, often in wartime/arduous conditions..

Don'cha love it when a plan comes together?
 
Is there ANYTHING the Herky Bird HASN'T done in its nearly 60 years of service ? ..

Yep. I can think of one thing that the Herc has never done since 1954. Gone out of production.

I see that the've just delivered the 300th J model. They have to be up past 2800 total now. No other airplane in history has been in continuous production longer than the Herc. 1954 and still going strong. Gotta love a success story like that.

Cheers,
James
 
Yes they are. Here are a few links to enjoy...
http://www.c-130hercules.net/content.php
http://www.amarcexperience.com/
http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/REV B MAM HOME PAGE.htm
http://www.oldwings.nl/content/c123t/c123t.htm

The last link, the C-123T was a very interesting bird. I was able to take a tour of it once sometime in '81. With 2 T-56-A-7 engines it must have had serious performance increase, what with double the HP and 4 bladed props. My memory is getting faulty and I can't remember if it was at Pope AFB or Werner-Robbins AFB.

Cheers,
James


Had many trips in the C-123 and C-123K's in SEA. Never forget the first 123K one. I was babysitting a replacement set of tubes and parts & pieces for a radar set going to Pyramid control ( Ban Me Thuot ) and found the pallet of parts and myself in the floor of a C-123K bound for Ban Me Thuot from Tan Son Nhut. Along with an assortment of
RVNAF personnel and upcountry villagers with newly purchased goats and baby pigs.

The ramp stayed down for the entire flight just for venting. But the power of that lil twin engined bird when the two turbojets ramped full up on takeoff was astounding. Everybody was whiteknuckle holding on to something and staring at the big gaping hole in the rear with the BIG first step off the back porch...
 
Last edited:
Spent 26 yrs in Naval Aviation...worked on everything from an A-4, F-14, F/A-18, P-3, H-3...... retired in 03 and went to work for a contractor working on USCG C-130's. After 10 yrs of modding them and becoming a resident fuel cell expert I left the aviation world. I was getting to old to fit my ass in those #1 and #4 cells!
 
Took off and landed in one in Iraq. Evasive maneuvers... awesome in a C-130. No roller coaster even comes close!
Mike
 
About the only thing I THINK that the Herc Hasn't done, is been a Bomber...

There is a bomb that was meant to be launched off the back of a C-130 on a pallet that separated from the bomb...powerful bugger!!
 
Back
Top Bottom