• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Some old, something new, and a mixer too!

If you've got Yammie guitars I'd love to see pics. Got one of those cool BX-1's?

The Yammie guitars are a pair of identical classical boxes ~ 1970...my electrics are all Fender, Gibson and BC Rich 70s~90s:thmbsp: I'd post some pics but both of them are at my moms place 100 miles south of me right now:sigh:

J.R.
 
Raynald, what a beautiful 1010 set... :drool:

Thanks. Tonight I moved things around and managed to squeeze the CT-1010 that came with my latest CA-1010 into the place the CT-610 was in, barely. Now I have the matching near perfect 1010s playing through my Kef 103.2. I just can't describe how beautiful it sounds.
 
Just finished a brief repair and deoxit on my CR-220 and figured I might as well clean and shine it up too! The knobs were grimy, the case dusty.

I used some Armor All wheel cleaner on the knobs and faceplate and really cleaned up all the dirt and grime. Now it's a nice and bright, shiny unit.

IMG_0324.jpg


IMG_0323.jpg


IMG_0320.jpg


Seems a shame to keep it in the garage! I may have to bring it downstairs and re-audition it to see if it sounds any better. A recap might be in the works next.

Here's a nudie:

IMG_0319.jpg
 
How foolish of me...

I forgot one in my last post...CDR-HD1000, CD/HD recorder.

J.R.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0047.JPG
    PICT0047.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 56
Nice cleanup Shimniok, looks really good.

SOTA nice mordern setup, kind of digital vs. vintage.

and it is almost fair to call the Promix 01 vintage :)
 
My second CA/CT-1010 set, this one almost mint. In these shots the CA-1010 is hooked up to my fairly recent CT-610.

Finally decided to get my hands on the legendary T-85 and this one is in very nice shape.

:thmbsp: That is a good looking setup.
 
NEW Vintage Style Yamaha CD Players!!!

Don't know if these are common knowledge, but I just found out about them today and they look incrredible (like my old CDX-2000). They are the CDS-2000 and CDS-1000, and they seem to be designs worthy to accompany the legendary CDX-2000/5000/10000 units of the past (they even include wood sides!!!)...

CDS-2000 Specs:
• Disc Compatibility: SA-CD, CD, CDR/RW (MP3, WMA)
• Frequency Response: 2Hz-50kHz (SA-CD), 2Hz-20kHz (CD)
• Harmonic Distortion: 0.0017% (SA-CD), 0.002% (CD)
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 116 dB (SACD, CD)
• Dynamic Range: 110 dB (SA-CD), 100 dB (CD)
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 137 x 440mm
• Weight: 15kg

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/products/hf/cds2000.html
 
Last edited:
Don't know if these are common knowledge, but I just found out about them today and they look incrredible (like my old CDX-2000). They are the CDS-2000 and CDS-1000, and they seem to be designs worthy to accompany the legendary CDX-2000/5000/10000 units of the past (they even include wood sides!!!)...

CDS-2000 Specs:
• Disc Compatibility: SA-CD, CD, CDR/RW (MP3, WMA)
• Frequency Response: 2Hz-50kHz (SA-CD), 2Hz-20kHz (CD)
• Harmonic Distortion: 0.0017% (SA-CD), 0.002% (CD)
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 116 dB (SACD, CD)
• Dynamic Range: 110 dB (SA-CD), 100 dB (CD)
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 137 x 440mm
• Weight: 15kg

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/products/hf/cds2000.html
I would be surprised if they were not worthy of their superlative predecessors. However, my CDX-10000 will remain my daily CD player for quite a few years to come.
 
I picked these up last week for $25.00. They are:
AX 900U
T 60 Tuner
KX W392 dual cassette

The amp is flawless. I haven't done much with the other two except to confirm that they are functional.
Tom
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 99
I picked these up last week for $25.00. They are:
AX 900U
T 60 Tuner
KX W392 dual cassette

The amp is flawless. I haven't done much with the other two except to confirm that they are functional.
Tom

You got a great deal! As I recall, that AX900U is powerful, and a bit of a handful to move around (i.e., heavy...a good thing :-).
 
I picked these up last week for $25.00. They are:
AX 900U
T 60 Tuner
KX W392 dual cassette

The amp is flawless. I haven't done much with the other two except to confirm that they are functional.
Tom
Congratulations, that's a heck of bargain for some nice gear. The integrated amp is obviously the star of the bunch.
 
Waiting on the sidelines.....

These are the ones that do not have a spot right now.

CA-1010, CR-1000, CR-2040, CT-1010, CT-610. That's what I call having a deep bench!
 

Attachments

  • Spare Yamahas 001_1_1_1_1.JPG
    Spare Yamahas 001_1_1_1_1.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 97
  • Spare Yamahas 002_2_1_2_1.JPG
    Spare Yamahas 002_2_1_2_1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 84
Yammies

CR-1020
CR-820
CA-510
CT-510

Here are some pics of the 510s. I just took them to sell on Craig's.
 

Attachments

  • both.jpg
    both.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 56
  • P2270234.jpg
    P2270234.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P2270227.jpg
    P2270227.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P2270233.jpg
    P2270233.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom