• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Man, you guys all have some desirable gear:drool:

I gotta post up my only Yamaha unit so far...........:yes:
 
Meet my new friends :)
Yamaha B-2x/C-2x and T-2x. Sweet stuff gentlemen, oh so sweet :drool:

DSC08635.jpg

:thmbsp::thmbsp: I'm really liking my new C-2x. Now I have to track down the other two you have there, to replace my M-4 and T-2.
 
I'll bite. A pair of Yamaha NS-2835 Tower Speakers. 10w min., 160w max. These are my favorite speakers.

100_1440.jpg
 
Last edited:
....
A fews year ago, I wanted to improve my computer speaker system, so I tried a self-powered Yamaha "pro" system (MS101 II) that is marketed as a desktop monitor (now available as MS101 III), with a Yamaha desktop tripod stand. It sounds great for my nearfield application, and I can see pro applications such as a guitar or keyboard player in a coffee shop (easy and convenient to carry around). When paired with my Yamaha YST-SW20 self-powered sub, the sound is really good :D

p2910h-3aa834cf7bc9d79a3a071296fcc582db.jpg

I also got a pair of the ms-101-II monitors..
stumbeled on them at a thriftstore about 7 years ago, used them for the computer, then i got tiref of them and hooked up an amplifier to the computer instead.. Much better..

they kinda started my vintage hifi interest.. :)
 
Main system, Yamaha MX-2, CX-2, and NS-1000m's supplied by an Olive Symphony with a 500gig external HD attached. The Olive outs to external DAC.

Toys in the office:
K-1000 Tape Deck
CR-1020
CR-2040
NS-690ll's
Original '74 Tele Deluxe
 

Attachments

  • P7190111aaa.jpg
    P7190111aaa.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 119
  • P7230127.jpg
    P7230127.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 139
  • P7230128.jpg
    P7230128.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
My Yamaha MCR-E100 Micro Component System

This little system has been with me since it was new. It was my office stereo in my other home. It was my main system when a job loss forced me to downsize. It was also my son's first experience with decent audio equipment and I am glad he took care of it. It's been there for me through thick and thin. I think it's the one of the nicest mini-systems ever made.

9e100.jpg


This would have been a neat pic if it was more focused.

6e100.jpg
 
I also got a pair of the ms-101-II monitors..
stumbeled on them at a thriftstore about 7 years ago, used them for the computer, then i got tiref of them and hooked up an amplifier to the computer instead.. Much better..

they kinda started my vintage hifi interest.. :)

They are interesting for a powered full-range speaker system, and pack quite a punch compared to the typical lightweight computer speakers that you find everywhere. I really started to like them after adding my small but powerful Yamaha sub (placed strategically under my wood desk for an added low bass coupling effect). Together, they sound great with everything, and surprise everyone when I crank up some hip hop.
 
New to me Yamaha P-2200. Looked like it had been dropped down a flight of stairs when I got it. Cleaned and frame straightened since I received it. Very happy to report it sounds great, DC offset 36 and 39mv. Needed some clean power for the arrays of my QSL1's and this should do it nicely. :thmbsp:

Jim
 

Attachments

  • P2200a.jpg
    P2200a.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P2200d.jpg
    P2200d.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 76
  • P2200e.jpg
    P2200e.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 72
By the way, does anybody know where I can get my hands on the meter bulbs for the P2200? Or a dealer that sells them? Or a workable substitute? I know I've read it here before somewhere...
 
By the way, does anybody know where I can get my hands on the meter bulbs for the P2200? Or a dealer that sells them? Or a workable substitute? I know I've read it here before somewhere...

A friend of mine got the lamps for his P-2200 straight from Yamaha. You could also try AK'er Dgwojo :yes:
 
New to me Yamaha P-2200. Looked like it had been dropped down a flight of stairs when I got it. Cleaned and frame straightened since I received it. Very happy to report it sounds great, DC offset 36 and 39mv. Needed some clean power for the arrays of my QSL1's and this should do it nicely. :thmbsp:

Jim

That should sound great. What did you end up deciding about that other amp? :naughty:
 
That should sound great. What did you end up deciding about that other amp? :naughty:

Don't start on me now, I called several times and got voicemail & no response. Don't want to be a stalker! Using another amp (to remain unnamed here) on the bottom for now.

Love these Pro amp bargains!!! :thmbsp:

Jim
 
It ran flawlessly all these years and last month has a channel that won't work, and the bulbs across the tuner dial quit too.:thumbsdn: I even have the original box and owners manual.
P1030109.jpg

P1030110.jpg

P1030111.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom