• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

[AKers take up the chant] Sex Tupple Amp! Sex Tupple Amp!]

Ahem. I have only a modest Yamaha complement. The vastly underrated (even by Yamaha-- try to find the owner's manual on their website) YH-100 headphones:
e2Yamaha YH-100-a.jpg

And the piece de resistance, the mighty yet delicate B-2:
yamaha B2-a.jpg


Truth to tell, I have at least five other '70s Yama ortho headphones, but this is not a headphone site and the level of obsession might frighten even a hardcore AKer. Yes, they were that good.
 
Last edited:
That's all right. We all obsess about something. Headphones and amps are probably a healthy obsession. Especially the 'sex' part. Not too sure about the tupple amp, though.
 
my contribution to this thread:

1.) CA-1000III (or CA-1010) integrated amp
2.) C-4 preamp
3.) CDX-800 CD player - two units
4.) NS-10M studio monitor speakers
5.) B4 power amp
6.) B3 power amp (VFET)

all in good working condition.

 
YB2, have you considered tri-amping your NS-1000s? Did Yamaha ever make an electronic crossover?
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
First post.....the photo with all the gear has two of them without cases on the bottom shelf, one on the shelf above, one on its side on the 2x4s in front of the shelf. And the last photo of my main rig shows the one driving my NS-1000Ms. Will move a second one over once I bi-amp the NS-1000Ms this winter. And, no......I am not going to lug around these 57 pound amps to make a nice picture. :D
Couldn't see the forest thru trees I guess. I saw the 1 driving the NS's.

5 B-2's ... it's no wonder the rest of us are having trouble getting our hands on 1! I'd say in the spirit of the season and all, you could send 1 my way with Santa to put under my Christmas tree; after all, 5 is an odd number and it looks like you could use the room for a B-1 if it came your way. :yes: :D
 
Pyrensyth said:
Here is my cr 3020 that I purchased two days ago for $145AUD from the original owner.
Yes....we hate you. :D What a great deal! Good on you, mate. :thmbsp:

wualta - To the best of my knowledge Yamaha did not make an active crossover for home audio. They may have for pro gear, but I've not seen one. And, tri-amping seems to be a bit much. At least to start. I'm looking at building my own with the kits from Welbourne Labs or buying the Ashley from PE.

Vint Age - I would be willing to sell one. But, as much as I love all AKers, not at a loss.
 
Last edited:
The production run for the B-2 is probably near 8.000 units or more so there are plenty more to find :)

Yamaha did make one consumer-audio crossover in '79/80: the three-way EC-1, soon on TVK :)
It seems they didn't make much out of it (or couldn't) as the market was obviously crowded by Sony's very successful TA-D88/TA-D900, the Pioneer D-23 or some Accuphase units...
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
Vint Age - I would be willing to sell one. But, as much as I love all AKers, not at a loss.
Thanks Glenn! Maybe I'll try you after Christmas if I have some money and you still have 1 available.
 
axel said:
Yamaha did make one consumer-audio crossover in '79/80: the three-way EC-1, soon on TVK :)
It seems they didn't make much out of it (or couldn't) as the market was obviously crowded by Sony's very successful TA-D88/TA-D900, the Pioneer D-23 or some Accuphase units...

Oo! Are you going to place info on the Sony, Pioneer and Accuphase units on TVK as well?
 
wualta,

I need to gather more lit' about the Accuphase units, but both the ESPRIT TA-D900 and Pioneer D-23 are online already (update pending on the D-23 but don't ask me when) - TVK is updated weekly so check often and hit "R" for refresh :D

The TA-D88(B) will be posted as a quickie next year as the D900 only was an upgraded D88. Besides looks, the 900 could handle 1 more module for ultra-low bass but the rest is 99% identical.
 
My Yam

A CA-2010 that I found at a thrift about five years ago. I was very impressed with many of the features of this TOTL intergrated amp including the sealed volume pots and turnbuckel control shafts that allow the low level signal switching to stay close to the rear RCA connectors. This is quite the amplifier.


Lefty
 

Attachments

  • CA2010F.jpeg
    CA2010F.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 133
  • CA2010R.jpeg
    CA2010R.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 75
The Yamaha Listening Station

Here's my "listening station" in the den next to my easy chair.

Thanks to the guys here for pointing out the virtues of the Yamaha CR-1020.

Since the photo was taken, I've added a new Sony SCD-CE595.

The antenna is a Winegard 6065SP pointing towards Babylon... I mean San Francisco; the headphones are Sennheiser HD555.
 

Attachments

  • yamaha listening station.jpg
    yamaha listening station.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 144
  • antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
my small yammie stack in my bedroom

her is a m-45 amp c-45 preamp k-2000 cassette deck cdc 735 t-1000 tuna. and a technics sl1200mkII turntable with a small 8 inch yamaha sub, ns635a speakers hpm 60 and infinity rs 2003 that resides in my bedroom
 
Back
Top Bottom