• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

wolfman said:
How the heck did you get the shielding off? I tried once but could not figure it out.. that and how to get to the pots to clean them ??

Thanks - Bernard

Look through the holes in the top of the shield, you'll see 3 or 4 more screws holding it down.
The volume pot is not easy to get at from the top, but with the bottom off it is. :)
 
After you LOOSEN the shield screws, the shield slides off. I just forget which direction. It does not pull up like one might think.
Tom
 
Thanks for the info Guys.... never thought of slideing that cover :no: I tried getting the bottom cover off as well but the bolts are siezed.. well at least no one has been in there before. I will try some penetrating oil next. I want to get in there to clean all of the pots, especially the mute switch which was kind of leaking - sonically - before I toggled it a number of times. I think this might be the reason I get a wee bit of channel fade from time to time. I have a CR-820 at the store that used to drop one channel untill I cleaned up the mute switch.

I tried taking off the front cover to clean the switches but the meters are attached to it and I was not up to disconecting and then having to resolder.. thought I would pop off the bottom, but so far no luck.

Having just received my CA-1010 this weekend I was very happy to see this new thread. Try as I might though, I canot see any difference in transformer size between the 2010 and the 1010.

Bernard
 
My A-500 & T500, YP-D6 and one of my NS 200M speakers

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • A500-T500 SM.jpg
    A500-T500 SM.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 581
  • YP-D6 SM.jpg
    YP-D6 SM.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 576
  • NS 200M SM.jpg
    NS 200M SM.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 570
I kept forgetting to get my camera back from my girlfreind (guess what she's getting for X-mas). Here are a couple pictures of broken CR-2040 I just got to help along the sorry looking one I have being repaired. The one being repaired is missing the whole assembly that lights up the tuning scale. I'll going to take this one in tomarrow and see where it stands (powers up with lights but nothing else works).

I'll try to post some more pictures soon
CR-620 from Merrylander, CA 610II, CT 610II, TC 720 (2- one broken), TC 520, K??? cassette deck that is intermittent, and a T 560? that doesn't work
attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1430.jpg
    DSCN1430.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 536
  • DSCN1432-2.jpg
    DSCN1432-2.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Ah, yes. The CR-2040. Bought one last year and loaned to my brother for a listen. Now I only get to hear when I visit (which will be next week). He is driving a pair of stacked LA's with it and sounds great! He had EW go through and give it the full Deoxit/ProGold and reset everything. Wonderful piece!!

It always makes me wonder how people can let such wonderful pieces of gear go all to hell and then essentially throw away. Whatever......its good for us.
 
Last edited:
no need to post mine, got the same one, CA-1010 + an old belt turn table, still works beautifully, plus a matching tuner the same finish and size as the ca-1010
 
Here's my new CDX-1120U. Been looking for one for a while. Is Yamaha's most TOTL CDP. Last of their great ones before they started rebadging the crap from Philips and others. My CDX-1100U has 20-bit DAC/digital filters and the CDX-1120U has 24-bit. Can't beat that. :thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • Yamaha CDX-1120U.jpg
    Yamaha CDX-1120U.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 86
Phil, with two 2040s you should be able to find enough good output transistors because those Hitachi units are no longer available. Good subs are Sanken 2SA1215 for the 2SB700 and Sanken 2SC2921 for the 2SD736. Takes some educated lead bending but the screw hole spacing matches the heat sinks.

Rob
 
Well here is my Yamaha stack and stuf. It is Yamaha: TX-900, C-60, C-85, CX-1000, M-85. The CD player is an old Philips CD204, turn table an old Philips 437 belt drive. The rack on top is the temp. Sony gear.
 

Attachments

  • More stuf low.jpg
    More stuf low.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Yamaha stack low.jpg
    Yamaha stack low.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 110
just added some pix

KX600
PF1000
B2

pix sourced off the net

that's all folks
 

Attachments

  • K600.JPG
    K600.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 48
  • yamaha pf1000.jpg
    yamaha pf1000.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 72
  • yamahab2m.jpg
    yamahab2m.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
This is a work in progress. I need to find some speaker stands. The CR-2040 that I bought for parts is better than what I had to begin. It needed a regulator and a few lamps. Now she is in place and playing beautifully. It was adjusted and cleaned. The first one came out of the shop and is back in again. It has or has had to many problems to list.

This is most of the working Yamaha stuff that I have. I also have the previously mentioned CR-620. And, the rough looking and acting CR-2040.

CT-610II, CA-610II, CR-2040, TC-720, TC-520
(The speakers are JBL L110, the speaker stands are Yamaha NS-A636, The turntable is a Thorens TD 146, cheap sony DVD & VCR, black cable box)

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1456.jpg
    DSCN1456.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 589
  • DSCN1452.jpg
    DSCN1452.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 573
My models. CT610II and CA610II. Picture is curtesy of an eBayer. Not my actual units.
 

Attachments

  • 12813A.jpg
    12813A.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 54
mhardy6647 said:
I sure would like to see Urizen's avatar a little, umm... enlarged. Is that a riding crop that ms Santa's clutching? oooooooooooooo

Off topic? :smoke:

Warm Holiday wishes to you and yours.
 
Last edited:
Pic of my brother's CR-2040 that he has refused to return to me. Driving a pair of stacked LAs. Top pair were refurb'd by merrylander, including the Makore veneer (IIRC, this is not Rob's favorite veneer to work with :D ).
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
Top pair were refurb'd by merrylander, including the Makore veneer (IIRC, this is not Rob's favorite veneer to work with :D ).

They were sure a fun project, they had NoName woofers in them and one face panel had been cut oversize to fit that woofer, so I made a new face panel, got a pair of woofers and refoamed them, then veneered the cabinets.
Makore is one of the reasons that my white hair is turning pink.

Rob
 
CR-2020 Interior

Plenty of exterior shots of CR-2020s, so I won't bore everyone with that, but here is an interior one of mine, instead.

Njord
 

Attachments

  • yaminside2.jpg
    yaminside2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 108
i got a ct-610, a ca 810 and a yp d-6. just started getting into older gear and i really like the look of the old Yamaha's. also got a htr 5790 for the home theater
 
Back
Top Bottom