• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

daddydlb said:
CA 810 integrated, CT 800 tuner. Love the amp, as for the tuner, not that impressed.
TIC rates the CT-800 pretty highly. Perhaps your's needs alignment (~$75). A common malady on vintage tuners.
 
Last edited:
Moderate Score!?!

Just picked up a CR-2020 that needs a bit of Deoxit work but is in excellent cosmetic condition. And a very nice CR-1020. Maybe I can trade them for a CR-3020. :yes: That would be nice.
 
AAARGH - you guys get all the breaks!
A CR-2020 here, a 8750 there, a L-09M here... why don't don't you send some over in no-music land??
 
A late joiner to the thread :D
Here's the King of my Main Rig, the CR-2020 :)
 

Attachments

  • Yammy.jpg
    Yammy.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 117
Axel - If you are serious I'll bring along the CR-2020 in July. You meet us at CDG to pick it up and give us a ride to the hotel (I am, of course, assuming you have an AMG 500 or something similar, like all high fashion Parisian photographers :D ).

CR-1020 shown below.
 

Attachments

  • CR-1020-3.jpg
    CR-1020-3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Glenn - Bring some of your B-2´s with you and you will have a driver from Germany for your complete trip ! :D

As a SONY fan my only Yamaha is a CD player ... a cute CDX-10 :scratch2:

Always loved it for it´s very nice design and after a small modification of mine, it is now a premium CD transport and my first choice !

The SONY CDP-X5000 is only dominating on the picture ... sound wise it isn´t dominating at all ... :)
 

Attachments

  • CD-Players.jpg
    CD-Players.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
just starting out, Cr-200, CR-620, have a cr-800 on the way, should be here any day :D

(my first pics post, hope it works)
 
Last edited:
Mirko - Nothing in Orion about the CDX-10. While not the latest technology, the CDX-1100 and CDX-1120 that I'm currently listening to are both very nice. There is a CDX-1110 on eBay at the moment. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5869599655&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 I'm saving for the last of Yamaha's great CDX-XXXX models, so I can't buy it. :tears: But, once the one I want shows up, it will, like the PS-8750, be worth the wait. :thmbsp:

Wish I could bring over a B-2 for your review. Would be great fun. But, doing a critical audition and review of a piece of stereo gear is not exactly what my wife would want during our vacation. :D So, while I could haul it over, I couldn't listen to it
 
Last edited:
Yamaha B-2 said:
As all old pic's have been blown away with the server problems recently, this is our chance to update same. Post all your vintage Yamaha pic's here!

First pic is my small flock of B-2 amps (four plus the one in use at this time), second is a CR-1020 with a PF-51 TT on top and a CR-640 with a YP-D71 on top, and the third pic is my main rig as listed below the pic's.

Best use for a pool table I've ever seen!!
 
Recently picked up a CR-1020 and a CR-2020. :thmbsp: They are both very nice cosmetically and the CR-1020 works just as good as it looks. The CR-2020 has issues, so will have to pull it apart to see what's going on. Wonderful receivers.

Also, have a nice (at least cosmetic) DSP-1 surrround processor. Got a while back when I thought I wanted to try HT. But, I'll never do that. MRSP was a kewl $1K, when new. You can have for $25 plus shipping. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • CR-1020.jpg
    CR-1020.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 78
O.K. So it's not really "vintage" Yamaha but can I share?

Here is my Yammie gear. May not be vintage but what the heck, they're yammies. Am keeping my eyes open for some truly vintage Yammie gear.

Living room (from top left)
Top - Dynaco FM-3 MX-600/U & M-70 Dynaco St-70
2nd - C-70/T-70 Dynaco PAS-3/SS-30 EQ
3rd - Technics RS-858/U Akai GX-F91/Jvc XL-R5000BK
4 down - PX-3 AR-XA
Bottom - Akai GX-747
Craft room
Teac V-3RX - R-9/CDX-510/U

Guest Room
Sansui AU-555/T-520
 

Attachments

  • LivingRM.JPG
    LivingRM.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 83
  • CraftRM.JPG
    CraftRM.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 62
  • GuestRM.JPG
    GuestRM.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 74
Here is our fourth Yamaha system. As soon as I can build some speaker stands this CR-600 and the Polk Monitor 5As will head up to the master bedroom.

Rob
 
A Yammy R-700 reciever
 

Attachments

  • yamy r700 a.jpg
    yamy r700 a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 60
  • yamy r700.jpg
    yamy r700.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 35
merrylander said:
Here is our fourth Yamaha system. As soon as I can build some speaker stands this CR-600 and the Polk Monitor 5As will head up to the master bedroom.

Rob

Your veneering never ceases to amaze me Rob :tresbon:
 
Is the CDX-10 old enough to actually be a Yamaha product or new enough to be a rebadged Philips or Samsung (or whomever)?

A bare (no UC-1) B-1 just sold on eBay for $711. Guess it is getting some respect. :thmbsp: Have noticed that vintage Yamaha high-end separates have had the same few bidders of late (amps, preamps, CDPs and some tuners). Any AKers going for these?
 
Last edited:
The CDX-10 was part of a small line of "lifestylish" components, which was called "classic line".
All of them had very intriguing looks, but also more than average performance.

Other units were TX-10, RX-V10, AX-10, MDX-9, CDX-9, KX-W10.

I had a CDX-580 and a CDX-590 before and I must say, that even in stock condition the CDX-10 is already sounding slightly better.
Technically it lies somewhere between the CDX-480/490 and the CDX-880/890. All these CD-players are excellent in tracking scrached discs.
They can be turned into real (Mark Levinson, Krell, Wadia ...) killers with some tweaking.
The pickups are still available (Yamaha used Sony pickups here).
 
Back
Top Bottom