• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Nice bit o' kit, Lust! The m-2 is special.
Have I named my gear in a while?
m-80 & m-70 amps
C-80 & C-2x control amps
T-80 (two of them)
Love my Yamaha gear!
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
Lust - nice set!! Is the red in the display on your CDX-1120 actually orange or an artifact of the pic? My platinum CDX-1120 is very orange.

Thank You! The red in the display is actually red and the volume and play indicators are yellow.

I had some discussions in a forum here in Sweden regarding the spund quality of "old high end CD-players". There is a wide spread opinion that the rapid development of DAC:s has made all old CD-players sound bad compared to new ones. I do not agree with that. I believe that there are much more parameters that decide the final sound quality.

I have compared the CDX-1120 with the H/K HD-970 at home with and without a separate DAC. And I still prefer the CDX-1120 in all respects.
 
bully said:
Nice bit o' kit, Lust! The m-2 is special.
Have I named my gear in a while?
m-80 & m-70 amps
C-80 & C-2x control amps
T-80 (two of them)
Love my Yamaha gear!

Yes, the M2 is special. I really love it. Difficult to find these days.

You have an impressive set-up of Yamahas.
 
I only have two Yamahas...

A RX-500 receiver that is dedicated to the computer for sound and
a M-60 amp that I picked up off that auction site with full box and
packing.

The M-60 is waiting in a long list of units needing repairs.

Scott
 
There is an M-2 for sale here in DK by hificlassic.dk 699,-€, according to the current Europe price tags that will be an ok price.

I still have to fix my B-2x so spending that extra money; my girlfriend would kick me out or make me do dishes for 5 years :)
 
How is the M-2 comparing to the M-80/85?

According to the manuals they are in the same class, I like the layout of the M-2 design hmm... :nono:
 
Last edited:
Hummm. Let's see

I have 4 Yamaha A-1000's
1 Yamaha T-1000
1 Yamaha T-85
and a cd player NS-CD29. It fell down the stairs and now the loading tray doesn't work any more though. :no:

The A-1000's are bridged and I Bi-amp the system. So 2 amps per speaker.
Works out pretty well.
 
MY CR-1020 and CR-2020

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Yammiesa.jpg
    Yammiesa.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Yammies2a.jpg
    Yammies2a.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 535
MitsuMan said:
P. shivers is about the funniest UID I think I've ever seen. :beerchug:

I'm glad someone got the joke. :D It is an old inside joke with a friend from art school long ago. My take on Duchamp's R. Mutt.
 
P. Shivers said:
I'm glad someone got the joke. :D It is an old inside joke with a friend from art school long ago. My take on Duchamp's R. Mutt.


Well, I'm an old guy whose taken art so there ya go. :dammit:
 
Hopefully, no one will take a hammer to either of you like happened recently to R. Mutt's 'Fountain'. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Yamaha thread......
 
Hi Yamaha lovers..
I've got an old (bought it new) CR-820 that has problems with the FM. Had it restrung and tweaked a few years (5-6) ago, but now has FM tuner problems.
I have a chance to buy an R-300 cheap ($40). The higher power isn't important, as I just have an older pair of Polk-10's that the CR-820 drove pretty well.

How does the R-300 compare to the CR-820 and other tuners??
Regards,

Harvey/ Ga
 
Harvey,

Get some 99% pure alcohol (local drugstore) and a small artist's brush and clean the wipers on the moving section of the tuning cap. The 820 has a very good FM section and should pull in stations easily.

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom