• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Can you interchange bose subwoofers to other bose?

b-17rocks

New Member
Hello I have a pair of bose 201s and I wanted to know if I could take the subwoofer from them and put it in a bose 401 speaker because the left woofer is blown
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome, Could it be your talking about a reg. 8/in. woofer instead of a powered Subwoofer?
Anyhow some of the 8/in woofers can be interchangeable for ex. 301's and 601's..
I would call Bose and ask, you have nothing to loose.

Best-

Boozehound
 
Welcome, Could it be your talking about a reg. 8/in. woofer instead of a powered Subwoofer?
Anyhow some of the 8/in woofers can be interchangeable for ex. 301's and 601's..
I would call Bose and ask, you have nothing to loose.

Best-

Boozehound
Im talking about 6.5 inch bose woofers I was confused because the 8 inches are interchangeable what I'm worried about is because the speakers are of different wattage the 201s are 10 -120 and the 401s are 20-200
 
Yea
Im talking about 6.5 inch bose woofers I was confused because the 8 inches are interchangeable what I'm worried about is because the speakers are of different wattage the 201s are 10 -120 and the 401s are 20-200

Right, Not sure why the hell I said 8in..I would look more @ the Ohm ratings.

Best-

Boozehound
 
Well, a 4 Ohm speaker will draw more from your amp then a 8 Ohm.
You might want to keep the same on a left and right setup.

Ohm rating should be stamped on the woofer itself.

Best-

Boozehound
 
Well, a 4 Ohm speaker will draw more from your amp then a 8 Ohm.
You might want to keep the same on a left and right setup.

Ohm rating should be stamped on the woofer itself.

Best-

Boozehound
Well, a 4 Ohm speaker will draw more from your amp then a 8 Ohm.
You might want to keep the same on a left and right setup.

Ohm rating should be stamped on the woofer itself.

Best-

Boozehound
So let's say the 201s had a 4 ohm at 120 watts and the 401 had an 8ohm of 200 watts would they be equal? necessarily
 
Forget about the recommended watt range! Could be that they are the same woofer.
Others might chime in, good luck with your match.

Best-

Boozehound
 
Your best bet would be to first pull the woofers from both speakers and then note the model numbers (of the woofers, not the speakers), which should be stamped on the back of the magnets. If they're the same, then congratulations, you're done. If not, google both models and see if you can find specs for both. If the specs are the same then you can swap them. If you're not sure then come back here with the information you've found so far.

If the speakers are the same age then it's a decent bet that the woofers are the same. But since Bose used the same model numbers through several generations of speaker, there are other variables to be concerned with as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom