Yamaha5000
Never settle for 2nd best
You should see the Hell that I put the Physicist through on a daily basis.Signs of a curious mind. No wonder you are at LLNL.

You should see the Hell that I put the Physicist through on a daily basis.Signs of a curious mind. No wonder you are at LLNL.

Good deal.. Wasn't aware they had them..I did locate these in stock in the USA:
https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=KOA+BPR
Mylar ie. Polyester..A1 C107, C108, C109, C110
Once again, schematic shows this a Ceramic, Parts List shows this as a MS
View attachment 2247425
View attachment 2247429
Is there such a thing as a Mylar Electrolytic?
No.. You found another typo.. Congratulation. .No surprise there..Is there such a thing as a Mylar Electrolytic?
MS should mean "Motor Start" rating as @Semanon said in post#6.
I've always known MS to mean motor start. I fixed a number of tape decks with faulty MS caps. The ones in this amp are way too small and varied, plus there is no motor!MS should mean "Motor Start" rating as @Semanon said in post#6.
I might be wrong, but the "MS" in the BOM means capacitor with "Motor Start" rating since it is next to the cap tolerance code. So the capacitor could be either Electrolytic or Mylar.
In the schematic, the MS means it is Electrolytic cap with MS rating since it has the polar cap symbol.
Great stuff.As asked previously what does the splash of color on the top of the disk capacitor indicate?
View attachment 2250185
MangoHow many of these can you identify? What is each style called? What is the difference in them?
View attachment 2250181
Sometimes 'Voltage rating', sometimes 'Temperature coefficient.'As asked previously what does the splash of color on the top of the disk capacitor indicate?
View attachment 2250185