• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Changing it Up! Part Deux

Something very different and outside the box: Tekton OB45

They're smaller than they appear in this picture and fit nicely on stands.


IMG_1980.JPG
 
DSC09886.jpg


damn that's a nice looking stand.

This line of stands was once handled through Acoustic Sounds, but I don't know if they still have access to them?, so I thought that I'd add this here:

http://guizu.com.cn/space.php?do=product&pid=64

They make quite a few different sizes as well as one renowned with users of LS 3/5A's by the way - which Art might fine tasty in his pursuit for new speakers - in which case the Harbeth P3ESRs are something in which we are both very interested in.

Enjoy the stands guys:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gui...OO9KuyAHYsIHQDQ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

In which case - Art, I'm wishing you all the best during said quest.

Regards,
O_oh
 
Hi Art,

First off apologies if you took my words or recommendations the wrong way?, as it wasn't my intent to be pushy in the least - but to offer what I see/hear as viable options.

But, as mentioned above - I'm quite interested in hearing the P3ESRs in my home after hearing from a friend here whom owns a pair of them along with a pair of DeVore Reference 9s, and seeming that he's willing to build his system around them ( P3ESRs ) and a Sophia Electric Magic S126-03 ( EL34 based at 25 w/pc ) speaks to my senses as I know and trust in his ears - and if he's saying it's working....., then I'm all in.

Another think you should take into account when you had the Alabaster and P3s is - you didn't hear either with a WTL Simplex nor LM Audio CD-215, which I'm more then certain this time around would click all the right boxes for you sound wise.

Anyways, that's my heartfelt opinion on said topic of your speaker quest - but never ever think that I mean you any harm, as I'm a more caring guy then that and you merely misunderstood my wording - as we can't see a persons face or reactions via this method of communicating - to know that no matter what?, and through it all......, I've always tried to have your best interest at heart.

I'm beyond bad vibes and as I see it, true friendships no matter the distances between us - are just that. I value the person, not always the disputes we tend to have - but like family members - we can fuss and fight over senseless **** sometimes - but at days end, we are all we have.

And - family members endure it all together - as they should.

You're a friend, and an extension of my family - so know that even if my wordage comes across as a tad bit agressive - they come from my heart, as well as only wanted to see you resolve this matter and get back into enjoying the music for the sake of music - not the components.

Truth,
O_o scar
 
Thank you for the info and well wishes, Oscar!

You're more then welcome Art,

But you should know my heart is into disputing with someone I see as a friend - but I'm one of those sorts that as Byron says is very passionate in my beliefs, and try my hardest to speak on truths vs lies and/or deception.

We good,
O_oh
 
Let me tell ya, if I had the scratch today I'd go for the little Spendor's and Harbeth's as I think they would provide just the right contrast in sound. Similar but different...damn this stuff is hard. Lotto anyone!?!
 
Let me tell ya, if I had the scratch today I'd go for the little Spendor's and Harbeth's as I think they would provide just the right contrast in sound. Similar but different...damn this stuff is hard. Lotto anyone!?!

Art,

In this case, I personally don't see you going wrong either way!, as I adore the P3ESRs ( in Eucalyptus ) and the SA-1s ( in Zebrawood ), I think you should try your hardest to source a pair of the SA-1s and demo in home - as you should still have in the back of your mind what the P3s sounded - this would then give you a clearer means of knowing what each does or doesn't?.

I've only had one friend who owned both - and he decided to stay with the SA-1s, and sold the P3ESRs - but taking into account this guy uses a $25.000 DarTZeel CTH-8550, one can only assume that he was able to hear both at their best.

Once again, it merely comes down to which plays to your heart?, you've to feel the emotion behind the notes to be moved long term - and I'm willing to wager, you're more then up to the task.

Stay focused on one or the other - and go for it.

Salaam,
O_oh
 
For the Spendors I'm looking at the S3/5R2 not the SA-1 which I'm not too keen. Too lean for me. The S3/5R2 strikes a lovely balance to my ears. The dealer where I heard them also agreed. The SA-1 is an outstanding modern speaker with all that conjures. Detailed top to bottom and with good balance, but just a little too much illumination on the proceedings for me. I prefer the lights low and the music just a bit smoky. Sorry, that's about the best I can describe it...lol!
 
For the Spendors I'm looking at the S3/5R2 not the SA-1 which I'm not too keen. Too lean for me. The S3/5R2 strikes a lovely balance to my ears. The dealer where I heard them also agreed. The SA-1 is an outstanding modern speaker with all that conjures. Detailed top to bottom and with good balance, but just a little too much illumination on the proceedings for me. I prefer the lights low and the music just a bit smoky. Sorry, that's about the best I can describe it...lol!

No need, your feelings and needs are quite clear from what you're seeking. As I've mentioned to a couple of guys about my preferences towards smokey - ballad type jazz recordings earlier on - I for one get it.

But I'm certain you're aware of the review did awhile back by Bob Neill - in regards to the older versions of both as shown here:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue2/harbeth.htm

But in all honesty Art, I'm sure that in your minds eye - you already know that the P3ESRs would in fact be a safer option. As my friend Teng mentioned to me several days ago - that compared to the Reference 9s, he sensed that their bass wasn't as accurately produced as some would've us believe and in fact bought up the point over and over about accuracy above all else and that he much preferred what the P3ESRs did well - other then their low end and would rather live with their trade off vs a fake sense of emphasis on bass merely for the sake of it - after sitting here for the last 4 days thinking about what he has said - it all makes prefect sense to me, at least.

Hence my interest in wanting to hear a pair in home - which I shall in two weeks through the likes of a local dealer - but something tells me......., these might be staying.

But that's based upon gut instinct - and I'm willing to wager that they aren't wrong.

Once again, enjoy the Quest.
O
 
Go for it, we only live once - so why in the back of our minds any of us should be asking

" what if? ".

Just doesn't make sense, when all we have to do is trust our ears/heart and be content. I'll be watching and shall be happy for you whichever route you deem best suits your ears/taste and preferences.

Live life as if there's no tomorrow.

Peace,
O_oh
 
alright Art and Big Guy...that's enough of that Salaam, and brotha stuff! both of you....suck it up and stop with all that spreadin love around these parts....this ain't no soap opra ...this a forum for the fellas to spread love for our rigs and not each other....I tellya...loving on each other like that...what's wrong with you two! I tellya what...you two keep that stuff up, ima come and snatch both of ya's audio hobbyist card!:yes: And Art...what's wrong with you! you know you ain't one for getting off tract in yo own thread...I tell ya my brotha! You slippin...spreading love around like that...come on audio hobbyist! keep yo thread on course and no more slippin and spreadin love around like that!
 
Last edited:
alright Art and Big Guy...that's enough of that Salaam, and brotha stuff! both of you....suck it up and stop with all that spreadin love around these parts....this ain't no soap opra ...this a forum for the fellas to spread love for our rigs and not each other....I tellya...loving on each other like that...what's wrong with you two! I tellya what...you two keep that stuff up, ima come and snatch both of ya's audio hobbyist card!:yes: And Art...what's wrong with you! you know you ain't one for getting off tract in yo own thread...I tell ya my brotha! You slippin...spreading love around like that...come on audio hobbyist! keep yo thread on course and no more slippin and spreadin love around like that!

All righty then - back to the subject at hand.

But as mentioned, one doesn't merely write off friendships because of disputes or differences of opinions - they man up and move on - my hobbyist card was burned years ago during the riots in '69.

So there.

Life is about extending ones concerns and goodwill beyond ones household, and by you being the religious cat that you are - you know that it all begins and ends with ones willingness to forgive.

Now......., back to those P3ESRs. :yes:

Holla,
Big Guy
 
All I have to say is....

Laughter is a great means of relieving stress.

And, as I've just noted that you're stuck in A2, I'm right down the road ( I-94 East ) in Harper Woods, so if you're ever up my way?, please feel free to stop by for a listen, and by you being a fellow Mini-Monitor hoarder - we should get along as well.

The offer stands for days/weeks/months/years to come. Come on by.

Regards,
O_o scar
 
Back
Top Bottom