• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Changing it Up! Part Deux

Big Guy! ima warning you....and yo know you a 5th degree audio hobbyist! so act like it....keep this thread on tract! You know we keeping up with the OP and his walk down speaker lane....so lets all carry on like the hobbyist we all are!

back to normal programming.
 
Big Guy! ima warning you....and yo know you a 5th degree audio hobbyist! so act like it....keep this thread on tract! You know we keeping up with the OP and his walk down speaker lane....so lets all carry on like the hobbyist we all are!

back to normal programming.

Focus regained. Shall we proceed?.

:D _o scar
 
Oh you all you know I love a meandering thread. As long as the audio part stays mostly on track I'm good.

Just got back online as our internet has been down...hello!
 
Same to you - I may not have the most exciting equipment but your welcome to come on by - when the moat bridge is down that is...

Thanks for the kind gesture. I might take you up on it while visiting Encore Records ( if they're still there? ) or Paragon Sight & Sound or Overture Audio in the weeks to come - I shall inform you well ahead of time.

Now lets hear a word or two from our sponsor.
 
Here is my word...we are having killer thunderstorms at present. Power has been off and on and soon will be off for awhile. We don't get storms like this around here and in 30 yrs in the Valley I only remember 2 or 3 others and none of this duration. Signing off soon...against my will!!!:eek:
 
Yup the gear is unplugged...damnit. That means it'll be next weekend before I hear it sounding right again!
 
Stay safe and here's hoping it passes over you guys without causing any harm - reach out to Dale, Doreen and Chris and your loved ones for me as well.

And stay away from those windows.

Much Respect and Concern,
O_oh
 
I'll be seeing Dale & family tomorrow for some fun with the Orangutan's!
 
Last edited:
I'll be seeing Dale & family tomorrow for some fun with the Orangutan's!

Please by all means share your findings on the O/96s. Which sounds like a fun outing by the way - I wish I was closer to you guys.

Enjoy,
O
 
Dang! You're getting all the cool thunder and we're just getting rain up here. Somebody said that Salem was getting some good thunder too. Hopefully we get to hear something before the night is through. Well, bundle up, ride it out and keep that gear safe.
Cheers!
 
Harbeth-P3ESR.jpg


Wow! Those puppies are classy!
I'd say the Harbeths beat the Spendors in looks at least.
 
Monday we had a wild band of thunder storms roll through here in California's Northern Sierra. Two inches of hard rain and close lightning strikes. I should have unplugged everything, but decided to ride it out with some Oscar Peterson Trio on the Harbeth SHL5 and tube amplification.

Im a crazy mofo sometimes.
 
Last edited:
Well fella's I'm plugged back in for the time being and enjoying some Phineas Newborn, Jr. Still lots of rain but the thunder has subsided.
 
Art, you must have your CD's set up and catalogued well to find things, I have a hard enough time with the five hundred or so that I have. I will say though, since putting them all into iTunes and playing them through my Naim, it is very simple, but at times frustrating still. Miss the simple stuff at times, pulling out an album and putting it on the platter and going. This streaming business is indeed convenient, but when it wants to have those little hiccups, can be frustrating as all get out.

Your Harbeths sure looked nice too! I just love your system for its simplicity, looks good man!
 
Back
Top Bottom