• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cigars and Beer...whatcha like?

Register to hide this ad
Well for beer it's gotta be Sleemans Honey Brown Lager or Rickard's Red Ale. I've never smoked a cigar before. I don't understand the concept of not inhaling it. If you're not inhaling,what the hell is the point?

Mike
 
As for beer I love a good Russian Tinkov which is very good and under 2 bucks a bottle. If I am feeling frisky then the lowest alchohol content Chimay ale is the ticket at a hefty 8 bucks or so a bottle, of course lowest alchohol is still a stout 7.5 or so. If it is domestic poker night then I prefer Coors Light or Black Star ale..good and cheap.
As for cigars, I don't really smoke them, though I used to enjoy a pack of Swisher Sweets quite often when I was in the service.
 
I don't drink, but I have enjoyed a fine cigar now and then.
Back a few years ago, when cigars were all the rage, whenever I went down to KC to visit my bro & sis-in-law, we would hit a local tobaccy shop for some good smokes.
 
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Sapporo.

Partagas Robusto, Macanudo Hyde Park, or Arturo Fuente Short Story. All fairly cheap and easy to find.
 
Some of my favorite beers Goose Island, Sam Adams, Pete's Wicked Ale, Samuel Smith, Sierra Nevada and Bud



Cigars...it's puzzeling...because as much as I enjoy a good beer...I prefer to have a cigar with a nice cup of coffee.

Arturo Fuenté (especially the Hemingway classics)

Macanudo Robust cigars

Padron Cigars (I've recently had one of their 1964 series and also...one of their almost impossible to find/get/buy 1927 series...both unbelievable!)

There are certainly many others...but those are what i like to keep on hand.
 
I have to jump on the Goose Island as well, great beer. But my fav would have to be Grolsch.

Not a big cigar smoker, but I think cigars seem to go better with a nice single malt- I hardly ever have either :(

J
 
Not much of a beer drinker. I do enjoy a good cigar with some single malt though. I pick up Cohibas when I travel, but usually buy Macanudo in the States. For a nice lite smoke I really like Dunhills.
 
Hey VH! Chimay In Belgium comes in the red white and blue caps (small bottles)
= 8,9,10 %!! For all of you that like the
Sierra Nevada go find a 4 pack of duvel.

Not cheap but very nice......
 
Sorry no Cigars for me just a Camel or I roll my own and a straight up shot of Mezcale tequila. None of that BS lime or salt crap either. ;)
 
Originally posted by grumpy
Sorry no Cigars for me just a Camel or I roll my own and a straight up shot of Mezcale tequila. None of that BS lime or salt crap either. ;)

:lmao: grump...I would have guessed that ;)



Does anyone drink a double or triple bock?

When the wife and I went to Maine they had a small brewery there, that had a Blueberry ale...where they used the actual sugars from the blueberry's for the fermenting process.
 
Whatever is on sale, but no Bud ( to filling makes me bloated) or el cheapo beers like Milwaukees beast or Natty Light, usually mid level beers like busch, coors, red dog, Ice House ect. I don't drink beer during the hot months though cuz of the smell of old beer at work ( I manage a redemption center) so the smell of beer at all makes me a little :puke: Just hard liquor during the warm months for me ;)

For cigars if I get the urge during some poker it's swisher sweets.
 
Originally posted by THOR
Whatever is on sale, but no Bud ( to filling makes me bloated) or el cheapo beers like Milwaukees beast or Natty Light

I'm with Thor here on this one! Going to college in western NY, all we could drink at the campus pub was Bud, or Genny Cream Ale:puke: or the local Topper:puke: :puke: hey - $1.25/pitcher!!! el cheapo beers are the pits. Oh, can't forget Schmidts - $1.85/6pk hmmmmm!
For me it's Sierra Nevada's and when I can, my bud brings me Red Dogs from Canada.

Natch
 
Thor

What no tequila for you big guy ? :yikes: :stupid:
 
Not anymore ;) I was a wuss too, absolutely have to have the lemon/lime, the salt thing? Only good for body shots ;)

The one exception I found with cheap beers is Old Milwaukee in the bar bottle, man that's some good stuff, gotta be the bar bottle.

Recently the Shaw's grocery stores in town had a sale of Milwaukee's Beast - $2.99 a 12 pack, the homeless and alchoholics in town were jazzed lemme tell ya, they had what had to be 1000's of 12 packs stacked to the ceiling at both stores and they sold out before the week was out. They then then followed up with a sale of Busch 30packs @ $8.99 each :eek: I think some people are still drunk from those two sales :p:
 
Back
Top Bottom