• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Companies that used a midrange control

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Companies that used a midrange control, along with the bass and treble controls, were Sansui and Marantz.

Were these the only two? Or were there others?
 
Register to hide this ad
There was that MDC (JC penny?) integrated from that 'contest' that had a midrange...I think the knob was labelled 'PRESENCE' ...but it was between the treble and the bass controls..

Not trying to draw any connections of course...I love my Sansui midrange controls just as much as the next guy!
 
Last edited:
The "better" Realistics did, too. Here's an example.

Realistic_STA-225_Stereo_Reciever_web.jpg


The bigger Setton receivers had a variable MR control.

scan0017.jpg


One could argue that Yamaha's variable loudness was fundamentally a MR cut control.
The McIntosh C-28 has a switchable MR boost called "presence" (I'll refrain from commentary).

I am sure there were others that have slipped my mind.
 
Last edited:
All of the higher Yamahas had a mid range control except that it was called a 'presence' control. Usually from the CR-n80 on up.
 
Pioneers had two bass and two treble controls, sort of like having 4 bands.
Ditto on the bigger Concepts. EDIT: As I was just moving it this morning, it dawned on me that my Marantz 2285B has three tone controls, too - with two bands on each, for a total of six!
 
Last edited:
Technics did on their higher end receivers. I have a SA700 receiver with a mid range control.

Harry
 
These three do.
Onkyo tx-7000
Optonica SA-5905
Reallistic STA-2600

I think that the Realistic STA-235b does too, I know that it has controls for each channel.

Edited to ad:
My SAE TWO PA-10 Pre amp also has Seperate Bass Mid And Treble for each channel.

Steve
 
I've got a German built Grundig R48 Super HiFi from 1979.
Controls are Basse Mitten and Hohen.
I bet no-one else has one of these??
 
Back
Top Bottom