• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CR 820 new problem

Jpowell1

Active Member
I found the bad solder connection and now the receiver clicks on so I gave it a good deoxit cleaning to clear up some scratchiness on a few of the pots and now the tuner does not work and the lights all went out
Help please
 
Register to hide this ad
You have to be very careful taking the case on and off with those CR's. Take the case off with the dial at the end (At least that is how I do it) be careful not to snag the string or pointer...go slow.
 
Last edited:
I just checked it again and saw slight movement in the tuning needles so I put a fan on it and hopefully I just got some deoxit in the wrong place and it will dry out
 
Check the solder connections for TR809 ansd/or solder bridges in the same area as TR808. 809 is right beside 808.
 
It was a solder bridge
Thanks again
now for the lights

The lamps are wired in series - parallel. If two lamps burn out in the right area, all the lamps will extinguish. Check your lamps for continuity as well as check for broken/loose lamp wires.
 
The two outside meter lights went out first and then recently the dial pointer and the center meter light went out
All four bulbs were replaced 2-3 years ago
Thinking about an led change
 
The lamps are wired in series - parallel. If two lamps burn out in the right area, all the lamps will extinguish. Check your lamps for continuity as well as check for broken/loose lamp wires.
You had mentioned in one of the post an excellent source for Yamaha compatible incandescent bulbs, I recall that maybe his name was Dave. Please send his contact information again.
 
Do you have an alternate supplier (CR-820 & CA-2010)?
joe has been my go to for a while now.

he has many options for yamaha. wired, not wired, warm white led, etc. go to his store and enter your model number. if you can't find what you need, message him. he will reply and will usually offer his phone number if you wish to communicate that way.

Annotation 2026-09-22 102241.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom