• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Critters

River otter

_DSC9887_zps376ff00a.jpg
 
Rat Snake

The biggest one I have ever seen over 6ft close to 7. Heading up a tree in the backyard checking the bird nests.

RatSnake1of1_zps7c3c8641.jpg


RatSnake1of1-3_zpsa3b325cf.jpg


RatSnake1of1-4_zps62647082.jpg
 
Last edited:
Bobcat crossing the back yard shot from the living room window. Not the greatest quality but we were fortunate to get a shot at all.

We also spotted a big black bear next to the woodpile but he didn't want to pose for a picture. Measuring the concrete blocks he was standing next to he was 40 inches at the shoulder.

Two very rare and unusual sightings in one night.

View attachment 436952
 
Last edited:
Looks like that Tamron does a pretty nice job. Would like to see one done at F2.8.

The center looks quite sharp at F2.8, but shows some softness and vignetting at the edges. (The vignetting and some of the geometric issues are corrected by Photoshop or Lightroom by selecting this models lens correction setting)

Tamron 28-75 MM F2.8 - Test shot taken at F2.8, ISO 100, 1/400 sec, 70MM focal length.

Full Frame: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1014561_665465296812541_1361176246_o.jpg

Crop: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1015699_665465220145882_956184419_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
I tried to like a Tamron wide angle (the 18-50mm 2.8), but I didn't like where the AF button was. It was too high - 1:30/2 o'clock area compared to Canon's and Sigma's (the 17-50mm 2.8 version I bought) slightly above 3 o' clock.

I know it sounds like nitpicking, but the biggest problem I had with Tamron was because the focus direction was opposite of what Canon/Sigma lenses I have do. I've heard Nikon's turn the opposite direction, but when you have a many or even a few lenses that all focus one direction, it's a bugger trying to think the other direction when you switch to one specific lens.

Especially when I was trying to take videos with my DSLR, when the subject moved (usually my pets), I'd focus behind them when they'd be coming closer. It just made the videos look unprofessional and like some AF is getting confused while focusing (wish I could blame it on that, but it was me, LOL).

Tamron has gotten a lot better (including Sigma) with their quality. Some of their lenses are really good for a "cheaper" alternative to the 1st party counters.
 
No issue here with the AF button because the A99 can disengage the AF on any lens attached using a button conveniently placed on the back of the camera using the thumb of the grip hand. Never really noticed the direction of the manual focus as being an issue, it has a decently sized ring and is smooth and precise. If you read up on recent reviews you will find that Tamron is making some excellent and fairly expensive lenses, some of them outperforming the OEM manufacturers offerings.
 
Last edited:
I sure do wish I'd taken photos of Po-Jo, our Champion Angus bull.. In his youth, he won all sorts of awards..He was very gentle, at the end of his life, I'd go up to the farm, get a curry-comb, & scratch him all over.. He LOVED it...He'd stretch his neck out, close his eyes, lock his legs & sleep..I'd quit brushing him, he'd look around, softly go "Moooo.." like "You haven't brushed the OTHER side, yet".. I'd brush him, & would talk to him constantly. Considering that he'd lean into me, & didn't try to get away, I think he enjoyed being "Fooled With", almost as much as I enjoyed brushing him..
 
Back
Top Bottom