• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dont try this at home - somewhat graphic

dingus

Super Member
Banned
i wish i could claim that alcohol was involved. i was sober and 100% stupid. lesson learned: saftey spring-loaded apparatus prior to disassembly.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Ouch!
If that was a safety spring I'd hate to see what an Unsafe spring could do!
What was the spring out of?
Tal
 
it was a Murphy bed, i didnt saftey it like i should have. that was the lesson, guess you can find out for yourself, but i wouldnt recommend it.
on an (hopefully) unrelated note, when i hum along to music, the 'puter screen oscillates.
 
Good Lord! That musta bled like a mofo! And hurt just as bad! Here's hoping you heal fast, bro.
Tom
 
Sorry for your pain and suffering dingus! A good thing it didn't get any nerves or tendons. You sure that's not a dueling cut?
 
thanks guys, it didnt hurt all that bad really and the bleeding was minimal for such a nice gouge. got extremely lucky with the tendons, and what minor nerve damage there was is temporary. the upside is i'm off work for another 2 weeks, unabel to do anything but internet and stereo.
 
Ouch.
Change your username to: "Stitch-Armstrong". Seriously though, that looks nasty.
Hope it heals quick for ya.

THAT will probably leave a mark!

Russ
 
Ouch!

Glad it wasn't worse - I remember getting impatient with my dad when he preached about safety, but he was right ...
 
What's a murphy bed and could you describe the accident in more detail so that we may make a proper judgment of your dumbassedness ;)
 
Now all you have to do is go to the tattoo shop after it heals and have 2 little eyes and a tongue tattooed and you have a “SMILEY WITH A TONGUE STICKING OUT”

:)


OUCH...
 
THOR said:
What's a murphy bed and could you describe the accident in more detail so that we may make a proper judgment of your dumbassedness ;)

Ya Dingus what Thor said :D

Damn Dude !

I know I've hit it hard with the ole lady, but chit, I've never done it in Murphy's bed or with a safety spring involved :yes: :no: :dunno:

And if I did... I musta passed out before I cut the **** outta myself :scratch2:

Ok I forgot you said no al-kee-hall

So what gives...
Army
 
D*ang, that looks painful! Hope you're feeling better now. Crank up the tunes and try to fuggidabowdit!
 
LOL

I had a second hand furniture business in another lifetime and sold a sofabed to a lady living in a senior's condo. Her apartment was on the third floor.

My helper and I were able to get the sofabed into the elevator by standing it on end but it was a very small elevator so there was room for only one person and an upended small sofabed. I had tied down the mechanism but halfway between the lobby and the third floor I heard a disturbing "clufftt" sound and the bed opened pinning me to the rear wall of the elevator. I was thoroughly restrained and could not reach the elevator's control panel.

My helper had taken the stairs intending to meet me when the elevator reached the third floor but the elevator reached the third floor before he did and after a decent interval answered the call from a resident in the lobby so down I went. The resident in the lobby seeing that it was occupied otherwise said: "To hell with this" and used the stairs.( Later, we learned she was deaf as a post and had never heard my my pleas for help!)

My helper having correctly surmised that things had somehow gone sideways headed back to the lobby assuming that I had returned there for some reason but of course by that time the elevator had decided that someone on three needed its services. So about the time he arrived I was heading up the shaft to three again. Fortunately nobody was in the lobby and when he saw that the elevator had stopped on three he hit the button again and when the doors opened he saw that I was pinned and unable to collapse that ^&%$$###$@##$$% sofabed mechanism and after a short discussion he :D sent me back to the third floor unharmed.

We delivered the sofabed without further incident although the purchaser grumbled that we should have called to let her know that we would be late!
 
Last edited:
A Murhpy bed is a bed that folds into the wall, like you see in the old movies and such. and of course the are spring loaded, to help raise and lower them
 
dingus, was that one of the legs that bit you? Scissors-action leg would pinch and not bleed too much, but it will leave a nasty technicolour bruise, in the next couple of days.
 
i hope i can clear this up for everyone......

the bed frame is attached on either side to 2 metal arms that are spring loaded, allowing the bed to retract to a vertical position, usually recessed into a wall so it that it is flush with the wall when not in use. these metal arms are bolted to the frame with 3 bolts each. as i found out there are actually only 2 bolts per arm. thinking i had 1 bolt still firmly in place i removed the 2nd bolt - without safetying the arm - and viola. i was not hit by the spring, it did however cause the arm to retract almost instantly tearing through my forearm in the process. so there was no safety spring involved, i stupidly did not "safety" it or the arm first.

in retrospect i cannot understand how i could have concluded that the action was a good idea. it had something to do with saving some time, and i suppose it did since i was finished with the project in short order. the best part is that the guy i was helping, continued on and had the whole thing fall from the wall on top of him. yes he removed the bolts himself after witnessing first hand what removing bolts from a Murphy bed will do for you. luckily he escaped with superficial scrapes to one hand, and then, there amongst the clutter, he spotted the release button.
 
Hi Dingus,

I hope you recover soon, looked like a pretty awful experience. I do have a comment. I hope the edges of your wound are well aproximated (sutured close together and edge-to-edge). There seems to be a lot of crusty material there on the right side of the wound, that would have oozed a little after the suturing? If so, you still have some leakage and would do well to keep that cleaned off and maybe covered with some Neosporin ointment for a day or two until it finally seals. Only after its stays dry can you leave it to air out, of course keeping it clean.

I've sutured a lot of similar wounds in my day, the tough ones are the curved incisions like yours. Hope your tetanus status is now up to date.

Good luck.

Regards,

Bart
 
Back
Top Bottom