• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1219 online

Register to hide this ad
Looks like an old Kenwood KR7200 I used to own is above the Dual. I still have my old 1219 in my office but gave the Kenwood to an unemployed friend last year who needed something, anything with a phono stage to play his old records.

That old 1219 I purchased in 1972 hasn't been in my main system since 1975, but it is still playing fine in the office system after over 43 years of use.
 
Looks like an old Kenwood KR7200 I used to own is above the Dual. I still have my old 1219 in my office but gave the Kenwood to an unemployed friend last year who needed something, anything with a phono stage to play his old records.

That old 1219 I purchased in 1972 hasn't been in my main system since 1975, but it is still playing fine in the office system after over 43 years of use.

That is it, KR-7200 I fixed last year. Plays great! I like the 1219 , a solid TT. They all have their quirks though. The headshell contacts go in/out and I loose a channel.

Thanks,
John :music::D
 
I really enjoy mine too (just been listening to Roxy Music) but I am about to put it head to head with a recent purchase: TEAC TN400 with SME 3009 arm.

I'm excited to see if it compares well as one of these two is going back to the UK with me. I shall be leaving the decision to a group of friends and my wife who will get the chance to listen to both and give me their thoughts (my excitement for finding the TEAC will color my own view for sure).

My 1219 was serviced by Bothey (sic?) before I bought it from an Aker on here a few years back. It has been faultless and it will take some beating in the head to head I'm certain.
 
I really enjoy mine too (just been listening to Roxy Music) but I am about to put it head to head with a recent purchase: TEAC TN400 with SME 3009 arm.

I'm excited to see if it compares well as one of these two is going back to the UK with me. I shall be leaving the decision to a group of friends and my wife who will get the chance to listen to both and give me their thoughts (my excitement for finding the TEAC will color my own view for sure).

My 1219 was serviced by Bothey (sic?) before I bought it from an Aker on here a few years back. It has been faultless and it will take some beating in the head to head I'm certain.

That should be a Close test! Bothey is the Expert on these Duals. I have another one I may send to him.
Post your results.
Thanks,
John:music::D
 
Back
Top Bottom