• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dusty Hill passes away.

Register to hide this ad
RIP Dusty...

Going Down to Mexico, Francine, and Viva Las Vegas were some great tunes on which Dusty sang lead. There were more, but I like those.

These were taken in 2018, maybe 2017. Best seats I ever had for any concert. Small venue outside of Cleveland, Ohio.

I read Dusty asked that the band go on with Elwood Francis playing bass. Elwood has been ZZ Top's guitar tech for as long as I can remember.

IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0135.JPG
 
ZZ Top was 2/3rds of the Texas band American Blues. American Blues was formerly known as The Warlocks (which started as a high school band), with Richard Harris on drums along with Dusty Hill (bass and vocals) and Rocky Hill (guitar). As American Blues, Frank Beard eventually replaced an unsteady Harris on drums. Dusty and Frank went on to form ZZ Top, as Rocky took his guitar to pursue a purer form of Texas blues.

The Warlocks are now perhaps reunited in death. Rocky, Dusty, and Richard. R.I.P. Warlocks (a.k.a. The Green Men, The Cellar Dwellers).
 
Back
Top Bottom