• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Electrovoice Interface D Speakers

Dwjojo, i ask because I have some Sentry IIIs and it calls for the ST-350. Mine have babycheek 350s but they are unlike any that I have seen before and I would like to varify just what they are. They use the same diaphram as the T-35 and ST-350. Have you ever seen this version before? I don't know what year the Sentry IIIs were made but this midrange seems cheaper built than others by looks, but I believe they are earlier than yours and it seems as though EV would have used the "normal" ST-350. Any ideas as to what these models are?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59568&d=1188594843
http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59567&d=1188595089
 
DaWoofer Your baby cheeks look like the ST350A "without the end cover"
I am holding mine right now and even though I have not taken this one apart it looks identical to yours sans the end cap.

The Sentry III series is older than the Interface series. And it seems the D,s do use the same woofer as far as I can tell.

Just finished my Cab,s and the surrounds, will post a pic or two soon, of the III series.
 
50 bucks???? Sheesh. I woulda been all over that, too, and had no problem spending a couple hundred on them if need be. I still hope I come across a pair.

dgwojo, if you ever come across a spare EQ for the C's, keep me in mind. I'd like to have one to work with on them. I'm always watching on the 'Bay for one, too.

Even my wife thought they were nice for the money, very strange!!! I'll keep an eye out for the EQ's!! :yes:
 
Dwjojo, i ask because I have some Sentry IIIs and it calls for the ST-350. Mine have babycheek 350s but they are unlike any that I have seen before and I would like to varify just what they are. They use the same diaphram as the T-35 and ST-350. Have you ever seen this version before? I don't know what year the Sentry IIIs were made but this midrange seems cheaper built than others by looks, but I believe they are earlier than yours and it seems as though EV would have used the "normal" ST-350. Any ideas as to what these models are?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59568&d=1188594843
http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59567&d=1188595089

I think yours are also ST-350A's just missing the magnet cover, EV did that quite often when they we inside of cabintes, when exposed like on the Sentry IV, they used the magnet covers. Altec did the same thing with 416-8A woofers, in consumer cabinets - no covers, in the pro gear exposed, - magnet covers!! Same magnet under the cover, my D's have the exposed magnets too!! :yes:

Altec_416_8A_8B_02.jpg


Altec_416_8A_8B_01-1.jpg
 
Not that i expect you to ever remember, but if you happen to see one on that auction site etc, maybe just a pm if it wouldnt hurt, i am looking for the D EQ, i have had luck finding a's and b's, but no d's yet

I was just talking about the EQs in general (on my assumption they could easily be converted to Ds). I just looked through my ebay email searches and saw one D EQ that went up for bids in April (plus many other EV EQs). No idea what the final price was. FWIW my searches only go back to 6/2006.
 
Interface D 12 in downward-firing woofer, 61/2 vented mid-range and radial horn tweeter, 32"H X 21 3/4 w x 15 1/2 D. $1500 pr 1979 Stereo Buying Guide.

EV Sentry III Pro speaker system
Three way direct radiator vented design with fourth order Butterworth tuning; crossovers at 600 and 3500 Hz.
34 1/2 H x 28 1/2 W x 20 1/2 D $849 EA. plus $90 for seq.
1979 Stereo buying guide.

So no they do not use the same woofer.
 
DaWoofer they used to price certain speakers Each, others by the Pair.
The Sentry,s were Each. So in the 1979 Guide the sentry,s were $1700 a pair, plus SEQ. The D,s $1500 Pair incl eq. The next year both went up.
 
The Sentry,s were Each. So in the 1979 Guide the sentry,s were $1700 a pair, plus SEQ. The D,s $1500 Pair incl eq. The next year both went up.

Totem, do you know anything about the Sentry VI speakers? When they were made? How many were made (are they more rare then the D’s)? I have a pair, and would like to find as much information as I can on them.
 
Here are two views of the Interface D that I don't think are documented elsewhere. The first is the xover (which looks like it could use a few tweaks) and the second is the port I asked about earlier in the thread.
 

Attachments

  • interfaced_xover640.jpg
    interfaced_xover640.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 257
  • interfaced_bottom640.jpg
    interfaced_bottom640.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 324
Could somebody who runs their Interface Ds normally (ie non biamped) document the four wires on the plug? I was told that the previous owner of my Ds ran them with a pair of McIntosh amps so they probably have the biamp plug installed.

I talked with they guys from Simply Speakers and they recommended their FSK-12A refoam kit. The dimensions aren't quite the same but they said this was their kit for the pro EV drivers. At first they suggested the FSK-12F but that is for flat edge cones.

One other thing - in dgwojo's pic of his spare drivers, his refoamed woofers, his surrounds seem to be underneath the cone while the pics I posted clearly have the foams on top of the cone. I'm pretty sure the drivers in my pic are how they came from the factory. Comments?
 
Could somebody who runs their Interface Ds normally (ie non biamped) document the four wires on the plug? I was told that the previous owner of my Ds ran them with a pair of McIntosh amps so they probably have the biamp plug installed.

I talked with they guys from Simply Speakers and they recommended their FSK-12A refoam kit. The dimensions aren't quite the same but they said this was their kit for the pro EV drivers. At first they suggested the FSK-12F but that is for flat edge cones.

One other thing - in dgwojo's pic of his spare drivers, his refoamed woofers, his surrounds seem to be underneath the cone while the pics I posted clearly have the foams on top of the cone. I'm pretty sure the drivers in my pic are how they came from the factory. Comments?
I've never played around with that plug, if I only I could find my owners manual for them?? I bought the spare set of drivers from a reconer in Colorado, I doubt it makes much difference what side they mount the foams to but I bought these sight unseen so I had to take what I got. Still sound great, I love these spekaers, Dave.

Owner Manual
 
I know the foam over/under probably isn't a big deal but I'd like to keep mine as original as possible. They might have refoamed them under-style so they could stretch a smaller generic foam to fit the cone.

As for the biamp plug, the manual only says (paraphrasing) "To operate in biamp mode, install biamp plug". It does mention four wires on the normal plug so it probably won't be too hard once I map out the xover.

I'm seriously considering putting together a mini-faq about the Interface Ds. There's enough questionable info on the 'net that I would like to stomp it out before it becomes a Google-truth (ie I saw it on Google so it must be true).
 
Plugs for EV Sentry 6 speakers

gonzothegreat

These are the plugs that I have for my Sentry 6 speakers. I hope the pictures work out for you.

Tim
 

Attachments

  • 100_1540.jpg
    100_1540.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 64
  • bi-amped Sentry 6 EV.jpg
    bi-amped Sentry 6 EV.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Standard Sentry 6 EV.jpg
    Standard Sentry 6 EV.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 60
Thanks Tim! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Since you seem to be the only Sentry VI owner on AK, did they come with the Interface C/D EQ or was it specifically labeled as a Sentry VI EQ? I've seen plenty of Interface EQs floating around on ebay but never a Sentry EQ.
 
My EQ says 'SEQ Equalizer' it is specifically for the Sentry VI's. I've seen the EQ's for the C's and D's, and this one is a little different. As a side note I have all the original packaging, boxes, manuals, and even the original box the EQ came in. I think having all this stuff is rare from what I can find out. I'm starting to think the VI's are even more rare then the D's. My Sentry's even came with an option from the EV factory to have the woofer surrounds come in fabric (which mine are), I'll never have to rebuild them.

They sound FANTASTIC!

Tim
 
Back
Top Bottom