• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 598

Mortsnets

Well-Known Member
Picked up an Empire 598 Troubador turntable with Stanton 681 EEE.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Empire1.jpg
    Empire1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Empire2.jpg
    Empire2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Empire3.jpg
    Empire3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Empire4.jpg
    Empire4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
Register to hide this ad
Beautiful! One of my college roommates had an Empire deck. Simply wonderful to look at and a really sweet sound. The best dust cover ever.
 
She's a beauty!

Is the top plate really as free of oxidation/corrosion as it appears in the pictures?

If so, that is a relative rarity.

Doug
 
That's a really nice looking table.
I was caught between an Empire 598 and JVC QL-Y7, emailed to each the same day and waited for a response. The Empire didn't have cart so I would have to take the seller's word, but I was willing. Well The JVC owner returned first via phone call and I had it within a couple hours - July 4th. The JVC came through first and ready as I auditioned it upon arrival. So I ended up with the JVC but wondered about the 598. The 598 seller never did respond to my email. Still would have liked to spin it.
 
She's a beauty!

Is the top plate really as free of oxidation/corrosion as it appears in the pictures?

If so, that is a relative rarity.

Doug

Yes, it is amazingly well preserved. And it's not just a pretty face, I listened to it all last night and it sounds really good too.

One problem though is it is a little noisy if I play the music at low volume. Not through the speakers but the turntable itself even if the preamp etc. is turned off.

If it was a death match between the Empire and my more modern Music Hall MMF7/Goldring I'm not sure who would win.

My wife is into mid-century stuff and she loves the looks.
 
Looks like mine

:D
I just picked up one just as cherry, with a new Pickering V15/1200 cartridge. Just had to replace the motor bushings and belt. I bought mine in Benica, CA. not too far from you.
 
Back
Top Bottom