• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Estate sale: ID speakers?

Register to hide this ad
As H L Menken said: Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. Holy ****!

As for the speaker, if you are referring to the one under the blue/green ceramic giraffe, my guess is Epicure 8" 2-way something or other.
 
am I looking at the wrong speakers?

3398437.jpg
 
I'm going over today so I can find out for sure if they're still there. Not particularly interested in the Mitsu's, but if the Epi's are still there I might snag 'em if the price is right. Still kicking myself for not grabbing a pair of M60s a few months ago for like $10. . . .grrrrr.
 
Argh. The EPIs were gone, as were the others (EPIs sold for $40) but there were some KLH 22s in the garage that I passed up because I didn't know much about them (even though I know KLH's rep). I'm sending an email now to snag them if they don't sell. . . .
 
Yeah, I searched a couple of threads when I got home and the 22s have been liked around here. I'm calling the guy Monday to see if they sold or not.
 
The klh 22's should be pretty good if they are anything like 17's. I would snag pretty much any epi for 40.00.

The Model Twenty-Twos are very nice small bookshelf speakers with an 8" woofer and a 2 or 2.5" cone tweeter but they're not very like the Seventeens, much smaller overall with less "authority".

John
 
Update: They didn't sell so I got 'em this morning, $15 for the pair. Cosmetically pretty mint, I've seen a little sun fading on the top of one. Grills are perfect except for missing the "KLH" tags. Drivers seem fine, not even dented tweeters. Haven't hooked them up yet though, so there may be electronics issues. Pictures tomorrow. . . . .
 
Good news and bad news

The good news is that they're both in pretty good shape. The bad news is that they are two different models: one is a 22 and one is a 24, the latter of which has only a single plug as input. Harumph. Photos attached. The ends on both have a whitish substance covering them. Can't tell if it's something ground-in dust or what. One tweeter has a small dent in it and you can see the one woofer has some goo (dry) kind of pooled around the bottom.

Not sure what to do at this point. Can I plug in the 24 somehow? Are they really worth restoring fully with a mismatched pair? Yeah, yeah, I should have checked more closely -- I only looked at both fronts and they both have the same drivers.
 

Attachments

  • KLH_03.jpg
    KLH_03.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
  • KLH_02.jpg
    KLH_02.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
  • KLH_01.jpg
    KLH_01.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 34
  • KLH_04.jpg
    KLH_04.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31
Radio Shack sell speaker wires with an RCA plug on one end. Although I'm not sure about the 24's, be aware that the 22's are 4 ohm.

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom