• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Extra Rare vintage Marantz Rack System - $4500"

xilef regnu

aristophenes=ridiculous
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/5024425594.html

So is this "all that and a bag of chips"? I mean, obviously it's pretty nice.

00b0b_ll44vWYG9mG_600x450.jpg


00D0D_eSr90B0sQzc_600x450.jpg


00O0O_cZMhJNdFqsF_600x450.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Offer half of asking price, that's the usual Craigslist thing to do. I'm sure you won't be the first to do that.
 
The 2130 Tuner was their TOTL transistor tuner, only surpassed by the later ST7 and ST8 IIRC.

Like that 3650 preamp too.
 
Well there you go, seller with a serious Marantz Premium built into the price.*

Nice enough 125wpc, 78-80 system that sold new for way less than 2900 (approximate list price total) as there had to be a system discount for the buyer. Less than the 30% that Pioneer gear could be bought for but something, a number of hundred off that list price...unless the buyer was "sold"


Just think how nice a system one could buy as parts came along on the bay or wherever with that kind of money. But if one must have Marantz...

*And this premium might well be the current market value of the gear, IDK.
 
4.5k is a little high but it really isn't that far off. The rack value is hard to establish. The RHA-1 racks sell for a hundred a pair. And so on. For the collector looking for a matched set in matching cosmetic condition, I could see this.
 
4.5k is a little high but...For the collector looking for a matched set in matching cosmetic condition, I could see this.

Good thing I am not a collector and more of a music listener/audiopile (yes, audiopile, I got gear everywhere) as I would never venture into that kind of purchase when so much better stuff is out there for less. But the Marantz magnet is powerful and someone will be attracted as many of the posters here have drooled enough to prove.
 
A serious amount to step into but for someone who wants to just cut to the chase? I seen this within a few minutes of it getting posted and came to the conclusion that it was fair.....if your impulse and freed up cash agree after investigation.

Sound being "less" than nicer more modern? (Isn't even a factor for many of the wise if they appreciate........and this rare stack will appreciate.)
 
Strange that one doesn't see this type of Marantz rack system more often.This may be the first time I have seen one of these.
 
Here you go, knowing a complete original rack with no scratches, all the handles, everythings works great...

2130 tuner... $1050
5030B cassette...200
3650 preamp.... 500
300 DC amp..... 900
6370Q turntable 800
all rack handles 400
roller rack 300

TOTAL.. about $4200
These bad boys are much rarer then the Nakamichi 600 series, because there was less demand for them in the day. Conversely, today there are far fewer, and none in the condition this one presents. It is just like the Jensen G610, which is a much poorer driver than the Altec 604, but much more valued by collectors because everyone bought Altecs in the day.
 
Back
Top Bottom