• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

First Time Posting :) Marantz 2240 Black Faceplate?

Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK. IIRC, the 2240 wasn't a huge production run, like the 2270 and others. So there isn't going to be a ton of originals available, especially black. I also don't think I've seen a reproduction of this made.

In general these types of requests are best in the classifieds forum where you can post a wanted ad. You need to be a member of AK to use the classifieds. I'm just getting time again to put into this hobby so my membership has lapsed. In general, I think it's good just to support the site, even if you don't use the classifieds.
 
TMZ2 is the akr who was making some absolutely beautiful spot on reproduction faceplates in black and oem silver.
He did not however make any 2240's .

Bob
 
Doesn't appear the 2240 ever was made in a black euro model either. The 2250 has a repro black available but has 6 knobs instead of your 5.
 
TMZ2 is the akr who was making some absolutely beautiful spot on reproduction faceplates in black and oem silver.
He did not however make any 2240's .

Bob
Thanks so much for the nice words Bob !!!
And Yep I never did make the 2240 faceplate just not enough request out there. If you step up in a few models you should be able to find one.
 
I have been considering ordering enough to make it worthwhile just dont have the cash quite yet.
 
Last edited:
No offense meant to any other producers of these but TMZ2 set such a high standard of quality with his sharp and crisp authentic font and laser etching on his black faceplates that it will be hard to match that level of quality.

There is another fellow selling these on that auction site but his font quality is not as sharp,silkscreened (may rub off) and plate thickness is a little on the light side.

Bob
 
Great info bob! I have been talking to TMZ2 for awhile (just didnt realize it was the same person) and am trying to work something out.
 
Are these made for a 2385? Bob has mine for restoration and I'd love for it to come home wearing one. They are gorgeous!

Wade.
 
Reviving this thread (hopefully). I need a 2240 faceplate because mine is scratched. Out of the receivers I have, this 2240 is one of the best sounding. Hangin on to it and bringing up to beautiful cosmetic condition (hopefully). I'd certainly buy a black 2240 faceplate, if it were available.
 
Back
Top Bottom