• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher x100-3 power transformer

CORYK

Active Member
What should the a/c voltage measurement be on the secondary outputs of the power tranformer on an fisher x100-3 with 105-117 v primary input? This would be on the rectifier winding side. Thank you for any assistance.
 
Register to hide this ad
If you're having trouble powering the filaments to the tubes, there are a couple of resistors in there that you can change the values on to boost the voltage, particularly to the preamp tubes. I can't recall the positions without the unit in front of me, but if you have a schematic, one of them is right near the filament listings on the schematic. If you remove it, the only consequence is that you lose the ability to keep a load on the circuit if you pull a preamp tube while the unit's running. You'd pop the fuse. That's how mine's set up now.
 
Did I understand your question correctly?
I wonder because I answered what I see as the primary problem with these, and it may not be what you're asking. I guess I inferred.
 
Don, The filiment supply seems fine 6.7 volts. Its the other secondary winding I was inquiring about.
 
Back
Top Bottom