• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

My jaw dropped when I saw this amp on a cart the other day, never thought I'd ever see a Hiwatt anything at a GW! It's a Hiwatt Bulldog-30 Bass solid state amp made in Korea from the 90's in very good condition aside from the discoloration on the grill cloth. It has 30 watts and a 10" driver and I was really surprised how great this little amp sounds with my bass and my strat. It has a very flexible preamp making it very easy to dial in great tones, it's a powerful little guy and has a big sound for such a small cabinet . . . paid only $14.99!





 
Last edited:
some nice chess sets one being an old version of the Romans Vs The Barbarians and a smaller Camelot set both by Italfama. Need to get pics but this was a nice find since I did get some quick pics. Getting slow very little in the local thrifts. The local store has been completely redone it looks nice but I think they think they are an upscale boutique. Trying to get much higher prices......All my finds lately have been from another GW further down the road.
002.JPG009.JPG
 
There is an electronics repair shop/ thrift store in my town called Free Geek that you can donate electronic items to, working or not (if not working they will attempt a repair) and then they try to resell the items to keep them out of the landfill. I found a set of 3 Paradigm MilleniaOne speakers (left right and center) today all 3 for $120, plus a Paradigm Reference Studio CC v.2 center for $50. All the speakers work perfectly! I can use the CC v.2 in my living room setup and the Millenia's in a spare bedroom.

IMG_0003.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0005.jpegIMG_0006.jpeg
 
Last edited:
My first 4k 60Hz computer monitor. Yes, over ten years late to the show but that's me. Found at thrift: Dell P2715Q with DP to mDP cable, $25.

Zy2llZZ.jpg
 
Found a 'like brand new' pair of jeans today in the GW. Dark Blue, stiff, & Light Weight too. Just thought I'd try them on. Like WoW!!! :banana:

Not normal, no name, it only says "Made in Mexico" on a tag in them. Rock and Roll jeans > like the old ones. I can't describe them - ok, one word - OUTRAGEOUS!!!
These jeans aren't normal.

Washing them tonight, I'm going to just hang to dry the first drying and see what happens. When dry, wear and see how much they stretch. :) Hopefully they just fit fine.
I'm a jeans guy, always have been, always will be. These No Name Jeans are amazing. 100% cotton. $8.

I hope they have been washed before. They fit FINE NOW - like "custom made" designer jeans!!

I'm hoping for the best!! They sure are sharp, feel outrageous on, and fit super fine ~ prior washing anyway! :rflmao:

Also found 3 M- CDs:
1. Living the BLUES - BLUES LEGENDS. 20 hits of all the big guys going back to the beginning. Should be great!
2. Ottmar Liebert - NOUVEAU FLAMENCO, 18 songs, a platinum selling artist, hollow body, 1990-2000 SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. No clue - never hear of the artist.
3. The Grey's, COSA DE LOCOS, some Rancheros album, written in Mexican language I believe. 6 guys. just looks really 'different' - give it a shot!! You never know!!
 
Last edited:
Found a 'like brand new' pair of jeans today...I'm a jeans guy, always have been, always will be. These No Name Jeans are amazing. 100% cotton. $8.
@bluesky

Same here, you wanna talk about going down a rabbit hole there has been a renaissance in denim manufacturing, mostly small batch stuff focusing on Raw Denim with Selvedge stitching.

I recently purchased a pair of 15oz weight jeans, they are heavy, rugged and still stiff as a board as they haven't broken in yet, they are also old school Button fly.

As Sansui enthusiast you might appreciate that some of the finest denim is coming out of Japan these days. Highly sought out, pricey, well regarded and will last for many years.
 
Last edited:
2. Ottmar Liebert - NOUVEAU FLAMENCO, 18 songs, a platinum selling artist, hollow body, 1990-2000 SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. No clue - never hear of the artist.
He's been around for quite awhile, if I remember correctly his recordings sound great and if you're into Spanish guitar, flamenco he's pretty good
 
@bluesky

Same here, you wanna talk about going down a rabbit hole there has been a renaissance in denim manufacturing, mostly small batch stuff focusing on Raw Denim with Selvedge stitching.

I recently purchased a pair of 15oz weight jeans, they are heavy, rugged and still stiff as a board as they haven't broken in yet, they are also old school Button fly.

As Sansui enthusiast you might appreciate that some of the finest denim is coming out of Japan these days. Highly sought out, pricey, well regarded and will last for many years.

Do you have any of the Japanese denim company names/websites?? I'd like to check them out!! :)

My new to me M- (like new) Mexican jeans - investigated last night & found out EXACTLY what they are - & no wonder why they are so fine - - Daniel Cremieux (French). Which, by total luck, is also one of my most favorite brands of clothing, so it really blew me away!! I was quite surprised. Just laughed when I figured out they were Cremieux, expensive renim, styled fine, and brand new 'stiff', dark-dark blue, go figure!! :thumbsup:Super find, Big Win!!

Also found a pair of like new Merona off-white jeans. Really nice too, very comfortable and thick heavier quality denim ~like you're talking about. Used, but also like new, spotless - same price, $6. Nice jeans. Very comfortable and cozy! :) Regular fit, straight leg I guess they call it, but not baggy at all, Nice - PERFECT!! Thankful to have found both pairs. Wore the Meronas today.

My jeans of choice used to be Levis 501s and 'boot jeans' but it's like something changed with Levis so I quit buying them 3 decades ago.
My regular jeans for 30 years now have been just regular Wranglers. Usually... they fit just fit right and wear like iron!! Still wearing 3 pairs from the '80s!
Used to love the '80s Calvin Kline back pocket black label (or it may have been very dark blue label), jeans. Wish I had a few pair of them right now.

And nothing beats older Levis Jackets!! The do 'Take a Beating'!!

Fun taking about Jeans!!! :rockon:Never talked about jeans before. Rock & Roll!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom