• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Greatest. eBay. Listing. Ever.

Register to hide this ad
I don't understand the people who post one poor quality little picture of something valuable. It doesn't make any sense.
 
I don't understand the people who post one poor quality little picture of something valuable. It doesn't make any sense.

It boggles my mind. How can sellers put up something that's worth several hundred dollars, and only bother to post one blurry cellphone pic?? Half the time they don't even bother to dust the item! I mean, I understand if you're a high volume seller and you can't take a lot of time because you move a lot of items, but if you took an extra half hour to clean something up and take good pics, and it got you an extra $200, isn't $400 an hour a good enough return on your time for ya? Seriously?:dunno:
 
Amazing. I can't believe the amount of work that must have gone into that add. I wonder if this is the beginnings of a pre-planned campaign and there will be further offerings to follow.

EDIT: Looking at his other items for sale I see that he gives this same star treatment to all of his eBay listings. Very impressive.
 
Last edited:
That is a great ad. A Fisher receiver was not on my want list or even on my radar. The ad created a desire in me for their product. Outstanding marketing.
 
As opposed to THIS, I am a mind your own business kind of guy, but I really want to write to this guy.

early 1900 radio - $200 (clifton park)
Date: 2011-02-19, 8:55AM EST
Reply to: sale-cqvuy-2222764615@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Early 1900 radio in good condition all gut ,200 well worth it frist 200.00 cash takes it

* Location: clifton park
 
Excellent add, I sold my 800c needing refurbishing on the Bay for over 700.00, my add was good but not even in the same ball game as this pro. I noticed the lettering up on the left top of the face plate (Executive), have not seen that before.
 
Really not a big deal. It's likely he's a photographer that has the stuff already, including a DSLR camera and photo shooting room, along with the necessary lighting, and he purchases layouts from places like Auctiva.com (or even googling "ebay templates").

He takes his time, spends the extra cash, and it very likely pays off in the end.
 
But where's the console!?

I'm lucky enough to have one, & that ad makes me appreciate it even more. Take that gorgeous receiver (they tend to stay cosmetically perfect behind those tambour doors), add an Ampex RTR & a Garrard TT all in a beautiful peice of walnut mid-century modern furntiture and you've really got something!
 
No one else uses the Chrome browser? His HTML is malformed and the main part of the listing gets compressed in a small column on the left.

Looks OK in Firefox (very nice listing) but I dropped a note to let him know. Great ad listing means nothing if you can't read it!
 
Beautiful.

However, - points for black page background. For me, it's like high-beams at night or those blasted LED taillights.
 
Ive seen previous listings from this seller that look great,
He currently has a Marantz 500 that looks like a Beauty too
 
Back
Top Bottom