• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grill cloth

Register to hide this ad
Got some deep blue cloth on closeout a few years back from a local fabric store ...
I used it as a drape to cover an industrial style subwoofer I had at the time.
 
Sorry for the poor photo, it's a bit sunny here in Cairns-and it's sidewards for some reason...not Cairns, the photo!
I got this cloth from a seller on Etsy, it's vintage radio cloth. I wanted something a bit different for my Pioneer CSA-31s when I refurbed them a few years ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230311_085107.jpg
    IMG_20230311_085107.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 29
Sometimes I want something different, even a bit flamboyant, especially if the originals are black, which is not my favorite. Chiffon is a good choice. Readily available in many colors.

IMG_20230310_200856.jpg

IMG_20230310_201736.jpg

IMG_20230310_201146.jpg

Edit: Actually I think the middle one is standard white from Parts Express.
 
Sorry for the poor photo, it's a bit sunny here in Cairns-and it's sidewards for some reason...not Cairns, the photo!
I got this cloth from a seller on Etsy, it's vintage radio cloth. I wanted something a bit different for my Pioneer CSA-31s when I refurbed them a few years ago.


IMG_20230311_085107.jpg
 
Grill cloth needs to be first and formost acoustically transparent. Just any old stuff in a color you like may not be appropriate. Unless of yourse you always remove the grills when you listen to music.
 
Sorry I haven't responded been busy planning daughters wedding. Haven't found anything yet.
So I recently bought some Polk 10B's for a steal but no grills. Finished up the grills now just need some fabric to cover them.
You guys have a lot of good suggestions. I'm digging the blue! I'll remove grills to listen, but want something a little
different to look at.
 

Attachments

  • Grill.jpg
    Grill.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 27
I bought some of the Guilford of Maine cloth from ATS acoustics (the shipping was lower there than on their own site). It was a little expensive, but my partner insisted on a funky color and we went with "green apple." Nice stuff.

IMG_3526.jpeg
 
Sorry I haven't responded been busy planning daughters wedding. Haven't found anything yet.
So I recently bought some Polk 10B's for a steal but no grills. Finished up the grills now just need some fabric to cover them.
You guys have a lot of good suggestions. I'm digging the blue! I'll remove grills to listen, but want something a little
different to look at.


Grill.jpg


:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::trebon:
 
Back
Top Bottom