• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon 330C blowing fuses

Thanks for the heads up on testing resistors while powered up. I reversed the leads and the ohms on r419 remained the same. Took q419 out of circuit to test and it's bad. I'm surprised it's bad because it's brand new. I'll replace it tomorrow and get back to let you know how it turns out.
 
I replaced q419 and now get the proper reading from r419. I powered up with DBT and everything was OK. Until now, the DBT would glow bright indicating a short. Am now getting a hum from the right speaker. The hum stays at the same volume when I turn the volume nob up or down.
 
I replaced the output transistors and checked the resistors and all is well. I am no longer blowing fuses. However, I don't have sound coming from the right channel. It's just dead. Left works great. I switched the speaker wires and the speakers are good. It's in the receiver. I then tried the headphones and the same. a dead right channel.
 
I do not get a hum when I touch Lp406. The right channel shows .000vdc when I try to adjust the bias across r427. When I turn the pentiometer with a small screw driver, it doesn't do a thing. Stays at .000vdc.
 
Last edited:
I've tested most of the right side transistors and all are good so far. I have a few more to test. Should pentiometers be tested?
 
I've taken all the transistors on the right side out of circuit and they all test good. However, I'm testing things in circuit and comparing to the good left side and am getting a lot of measurements that don't match. When I test voltage at LP401 it shows 11.75vdc. When I test LP407 on the left and good side, it shows .030vdc.
 
Back
Top Bottom