• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Has something recently changed on AK?

Since the new ad platform was implemented, I get freezing and delays when viewing the site, and especially when trying to type a response. Additionally, my phone overheats when on the AK site...which I assume is a function of a lot of unresolved processing related to the ad platform.

Others report similar problems. There is a thread for reporting ad-related problems, but I've not received any response to my report, posted there 4-6 weeks ago (other than by other members telling me it must be a user problem because they are not experiencing the same issues). And yes, I tried an ad-blocking browser...it did not solve the problem, and caused other problems when browsing other sites. Using Android and Chrome.

Have not had any problems when using Windows 10 PC and Firefox, with AdBlock.
 
Last edited:
adblock plus is a free firefox plugin

ive used it for the last couple yrs
i have no issues with ads on this site
 
I get a message, very often, warning me that this site is drawing a lot of computing resources (I'm not very computer literate, and not sure of the wording). It suggests leaving the site. But I can't as it freezes the computer up, totally locked up, and I get terminal color wheel spins..
So, I just got to reboot, yet again, to get the color wheel to stop spinning, some fifteen minutes later; total lockup. yea!
And my history now shows that I visited that POS site that covers the bottom of the page, three times, just before it locked up again. I would never visit that crap site, SellWild, due to this repeated issue.
 
Last edited:
Yes, there’s a lot of nasty things going on in the internet now. Everything works well for me now I’m using Firefox.
 
Last edited:
I don't even run ad block on this site and have had no issues like posted. Site has pretty much been fine for me since the switch over.
Screenshot from 2020-08-06 14-57-36.png


Bilbo, did you try clearing your internet cache in the browser? What you described sounds pretty similar to the probs you have when you have lots of cached files, at least in Win. I set my browsers to empty cache every time I shut it down.
 
I use uBlock origin instead of AdBlock Plus. It's open source, easier on system resources, blocks the exact same things as AdBlock, and doesn't have the "acceptable ads" BS, where the ads become acceptable when the the AdBlock developers get a payoff.
 
Thanks @teal'c! I use apple when browsing on AK. It was a good thought though. Since I installed Firefox on my MacBook, I have had no more slowdowns, no more fan running full bore because the cpus were running full tilt. When I use firefox on my iPad, I also have no issues. However it re-opens a new window that has to log back into AK, so I try not to answer anything when running safari. What can I say, I'm lazy. :bigok:

I'm also running the latest version of OS or iOS that my device supports.
 
I'm getting freezing, delays and reloaded pages when browsing with my IPad. Almost impossible to post with it, and so very frustrating. Issues even while typing this short post.
 
It seems if your not a subscriber it’s a bigger issue. When I am not logged in and try as a guest I get everyone of these issues. Log in and they all go away.
 
It seems if your not a subscriber it’s a bigger issue. When I am not logged in and try as a guest I get everyone of these issues. Log in and they all go away.

You seem to be confusing members and guests. Members can log in...guests cannot.

Was wondering when you would jump into this thread...looking forward to you spreading the word that the problems are all the fault of the user.
 
You seem to be confusing members and guests.

Was wondering when you would jump into this thread...looking forward to you spreading the word that the problems are all the fault of the user.

It’s not the fault of the user but it appears to be a combination of user devices and the changes. Common sense symptom recognition tells us that. It’s the same “few” (in the big scheme of things member wise) having issues.

You can believe what you want and continue on with your problems :thumbsup:

Could be subscriber, non-subscriber issues also. Combined with old OS’s, not up to date, caches, cookies etc on a device.
 
Last edited:
It’s not the fault of the user but it appears to be a combination of user devices and the changes. Common sense symptom recognition tells us that. It’s the same “few” (in the big scheme of things member wise) having issues.

You can believe what you want and continue on with your problems :thumbsup:

Could be subscriber, non-subscriber issues also. Combined with old OS’s, not up to date, caches, cookies etc on a device.

Not sure why you are so dead-set on blaming the users. Whatever. And I apparently have no choice in continuing on with "my" problems, since there is nothing I can do to resolve them. You don't seem to understand that it is up to the platform to assure compatibility with various OS's, devices, etc. No platform can be compatible with everything out there, but I am using an Android phone and Chrome. These are very common.

Your speculation about subscribing vs non-subscribing members is at odds with information provided by site adminstrators, which was quite clear that there is no differentiation. This is further confirmed by the fact that I have none of the issues when accessing the site from my laptop or desktop computers.
 
I am using the SeaMonkey browser with the Stop Websites from Tracking me preference switched on. An Imac Desktop OS 10.13.6 - High Sierra. No ad blocker installed yet I get no ads - I do get a notification that " Parts of the website that track your activity have been blocked." Perhaps that is an indication that all advertisers are tracking users.( I'm shocked, shocked to find tracking going on here!) I do not use any mobile devices to get on AK. In a previous life I was a subscriber. In this one am not.Traveling through.
 
Not sure why you are so dead-set on blaming the users. Whatever. And I apparently have no choice in continuing on with "my" problems, since there is nothing I can do to resolve them. You don't seem to understand that it is up to the platform to assure compatibility with various OS's, devices, etc. No platform can be compatible with everything out there, but I am using an Android phone and Chrome. These are very common.

Your speculation about subscribing vs non-subscribing members is at odds with information provided by site adminstrators, which was quite clear that there is no differentiation. This is further confirmed by the fact that I have none of the issues when accessing the site from my laptop or desktop computers.

As a life long technician (and a good one) I am just going by the symptoms. I also understand how many of my fellow old people maintain their devices, they don’t. Many here wear there old ass devices and OS’s, limited processing power and memory as a badge of honor for some reason.

it is obvious it is a combination of the changes made and some members devices. It’s not that hard to see. If it was strictly a change problem everyone would have issues.

Even in this thread there are almost as many “I have no problem posts” as “I have problems” just like most other threads on this issue.

I am curious as to the actual fixes for people so I read these when they pop up :dunno:
:beerchug:
 
As a life long technician (and a good one) I am just going by the symptoms. I also understand how many of my fellow old people maintain their devices, they don’t. Many here wear there old ass devices and OS’s, limited processing power and memory as a badge of honor for some reason.

it is obvious it is a combination of the changes made and some members devices. It’s not that hard to see. If it was strictly a change problem everyone would have issues.

Even in this thread there are almost as many “I have no problem posts” as “I have problems” just like most other threads on this issue.

I am curious as to the actual fixes for people so I read these when they pop up :dunno:
:beerchug:

Again with the insinuations of user fault. I am sure that some folks are as you describe. Many? Upon what do you base this conclusion.

Regardless, this is not the case with my device.
 
Again with the insinuations of user fault. I am sure that some folks are as you describe. Many? Upon what do you base this conclusion.

Regardless, this is not the case with my device.

No insinuation, I am saying it’s a combination :thumbsup:

Edit: if it proves out I am wrong I have no problem saying, and I will “oh look I was wrong”. I don’t think that is going to be the case with all the evidence, but so have been wrong before ;)
 
Last edited:
i dont have any of these problems on my win 10 desktop qwith chrome but on my smartphone with chrome i see weird big ass ads at the bottom of every page. i dont have slow down they are just dodgy looking ads.
 
Back
Top Bottom