• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heath Ledger dead at 28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic I agree. I dont think it was suicide, accidental OD or something of that nature. Such a talented, respectful and humble young actor. He will be missed.
 
He will be missed, am i the only one who's gonna say iown all his films, and the warden likes brokeback so had to have it! i did like his acting alot, and thought he brought a new flavor to the scene that no other aussie could do, RIP man, i pray for your daughter and family!
 
Why don't you wait until all of the facts are out before you label the man a "coward"? If you're wrong about this being a suicide (public officials are backing off that claim) I would expect an apology fom you on this same thread.
And you will get it. Obviously, you do not know me.
 
I respectfully disagree with you sir.

Mental illness is an illness, just like any other. Suicide isn't always a "cowards way out" any more than terminal cancer or a fatal heart attack is a "cowards way out."

Again, I'd have to respectfully disagree. I hope it doesn't prove to be a suicide, but if it does any of us would have to walk a mile in his shoes to understand the state of mind he was in.
Having seen the results of their father's suicide on my niece, two nephews, his wife, and the rest of the family, I have difficulties accepting any excuses. But, unlike my BIL, Heath Ledger was in a position to get whatever help he needed, and the best money could buy.
 
I don't think it was a suicide. He had just ordered a massage masseuse.
It is also reported that he had pneumonia.
In an earlier interview he said that he was having trouble sleeping and started taking ambien. One wouldn't help, so he took another, he would wake up a few hours later and still be restless.
 
Having seen the results of their father's suicide on my niece, two nephews, his wife, and the rest of the family, I have difficulties accepting any excuses. But, unlike my BIL, Heath Ledger was in a position to get whatever help he needed, and the best money could buy.

I can completely understand where you are coming from, and I can't begin to imagine the pain your family went through in that situation. My heart goes out to all involved.

A person who suffers from mental illness unfortunately doesn't always have the same thought processes or awareness that a "normal" person would have.
Often times people who do commit suicide don't understand that there is help to be had, and due to mental illness can't comprehend the effect of their actions will have on loved ones.

Respectfully, I haven't been in your shoes, but I have lost loved ones far too early to cancer, heart disease, and accidents. My thoughts are with you, your family, and anyone who loses a loved one "too soon."
 
thanks, but it was years ago.

I can completely understand where you are coming from, and I can't begin to imagine the pain your family went through in that situation. My heart goes out to all involved.

A person who suffers from mental illness unfortunately doesn't always have the same thought processes or awareness that a "normal" person would have.
Often times people who do commit suicide don't understand that there is help to be had, and due to mental illness can't comprehend the effect of their actions will have on loved ones.

Respectfully, I haven't been in your shoes, but I have lost loved ones far too early to cancer, heart disease, and accidents. My thoughts are with you, your family, and anyone who loses a loved one "too soon."
the immediate family worked it out eventually but what he put his 15 , 6 and 2 year old kids through will, I'm sure, resurface in years to come at certain times. The youngest now is 12 and rarely talk about daddy anymore and, when they do, it's not with love.

But, it appears that (so far) they seem to be hinting at an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, which I find puzzling in it's own right.

In any case, until further notice, I'll rescind that "coward" charge for Heath.
 
If I hear one more person refer to those that commit suicide as "being selfish" or "copping out" I'm gonna scream. That said, I don't believe there's such a thing as accidentally overdosing on sleeping pills. But we'll wait and see.
 
I heard that he would typically get really 'into' his roles, and would sometimes get very stressed out - imagine playing a drug addict and not being able to turn off the stress of the role. So he wasn't sleeping. We might never know.

I really liked him in one of his first movies, "10 Things I Hate About You." Thought he was cool even then.

I witnessed a shameful act of Hollywood stupidity on the upper half of the screen on the scrolling cable schedule channel last night sponsored by TV Guide. The "host" had some Hollywood bimbos around a table and announced, "OK, first, let's talk about Heath Ledger's personal life!" OMG. Let the man rest in peace and let his family grieve. I turned the dam thing off immediately. Tasteless.
 
Very sad news... R.I.P. Heath.... Very good actor....

I also loved Ten Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale...

It will be very strange seeing him in the Dark Knight this summer....
 
If I hear one more person refer to those that commit suicide as "being selfish" or "copping out" I'm gonna scream. That said, I don't believe there's such a thing as accidentally overdosing on sleeping pills. But we'll wait and see.
Ambien has been known to make people extremely forgetful. He could have taken some and then woke up and was still restless and took another one.
Also on top of that he had pneunonia.
 
So sad and shocking. He was a great talent.

A recent movie of his that didn't get a lot of press is "Candy", where he plays an artist who is seduced by drugs. I hope this is not a case of art imitating life, but who knows.

Looks like I'll be seeing more than one of his movies...
 
i liked A knight's tale..good entertaining flick...RIP..it is always sad when a young person cashes in prematurely... my thoughts go to his family.
 
What happens when your housekeeper finds you cold to the touch? Why get on the horn and call the Olsen twins! Oh god in heaven. RIP.
 
Sad to see anyone pass away from illness, physical or mental. And drugs- prescription or otherwise, are not foolproof.

Some of the reporters yesterday were jumping to some fast conclusions yesterday, on speculation and not the basis of fact. The morning papers were a mixed bag- both "cleverly" phrased titles and gossip, esp. The New York Post's multiple headlines (from something very closely along the lines of, if not exact, "Ledger "DRUG" Death" to "Heath Ledger OD's on Pills" to "Mary Kate Got First Heath Call".

Shame on them.

Anyhow, Actor Brad Renfro of movies "The Client" (he was the young kid) and "Apt Pupil,"also died last week. He was buried today. Reports were quick to say an overdose, due to Renfro's slide into difficulties with addiction and drug abuse, though the autopsy results haven't been announced as of yet.

He was 25.
 
What happens when your housekeeper finds you cold to the touch? Why get on the horn and call the Olsen twins! Oh god in heaven. RIP.

Forget the twins, call Lindsay for God's sake...:banana:

Not to disrespect anything here.

The speculative trashy headlines are only to sell papers.

God rest his soul.
 
Why don't you wait until all of the facts are out before you label the man a "coward"? If you're wrong about this being a suicide (public officials are backing off that claim) I would expect an apology fom you on this same thread.

Apologize to whom and what for?

Move along, nothing to see here.
 
Sad to see anyone pass away from illness, physical or mental. And drugs- prescription or otherwise, are not foolproof.

Some of the reporters yesterday were jumping to some fast conclusions yesterday, on speculation and not the basis of fact. The morning papers were a mixed bag- both "cleverly" phrased titles and gossip, esp. The New York Post's multiple headlines (from something very closely along the lines of, if not exact, "Ledger "DRUG" Death" to "Heath Ledger OD's on Pills" to "Mary Kate Got First Heath Call".

Shame on them.

Anyhow, Actor Brad Renfro of movies "The Client" (he was the young kid) and "Apt Pupil,"also died last week. He was buried today. Reports were quick to say an overdose, due to Renfro's slide into difficulties with addiction and drug abuse, though the autopsy results haven't been announced as of yet.

He was 25.

Wow I didn't hear about Brad Renfro. The Apt Pupil was a great short story, and a decent movie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom