It's really kind of a moot point.
If you're talking about the music or the way it's put on the disc, you really don't have too much choice here.
I've never seen two simultaneous releases of the same music, one well done and one poorly done. It's a catch as catch can scenario. If you want the music you take it as it's offered.
Now,it may come to pass that at some time, someone might get hold of the masters and remix them and re-release them but you can bet your bippy that that will me announced with bravado and glorious promises of a sonic epiphany. Whether it meets those expectations is another story.
Me, I'm kinds screwed in that my passion is for roots rock, rockabilly and early western music, none of which never saw Doug Sax or Steve Hoffman.
In fact, I doubt they even saw more than one mic or more than a one-track tape machine.
I remember seeing one thread somewhere, maybe even here, about someone biitching that some old C&W recordings weren't done to modern hi-fi standards.
I'd liked to have fallen on the floor laughing my arse off at that one.
But, if you want well-recorded music, try anything by Mapleshade. If you want music you might enjoy listening to, try almost anything else.