• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How has AK helped you lately?

Crazy Gnome

Learn how to Love and forget how to hate
A thread to share positive stories about how AK has helped you solve an audio related problem.
 
Register to hide this ad
I recently moved my setup to a different part of the room. Old TT location my children could be jumping up and down right next to it no skip. New location anyone one walking close to it and major needle jumping.
Building a platform is most popular suggestion but not for my situation because of plaster walls
After researching the AK database someone suggested making the floor more solid if you own the home. Under the music room is a crawlspace so I psyched myself up and went under with an old car jack and helped out one of the floor joist. Had children jump around and no more needle skips unless they are right next to it.
It's a 105 year old home and I am in the planning stages to help out all the floor joists. Also found a water leak from gas furnace and a heating duct that was halfway off. If I can relocate the thread will post a link to give proper credit to the person who helped me. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
It helped me add to my music collection by purchasing some CD's advertised here.

It helped me gather and publish my thoughts, trials and tribulations of adopting Roon for digital music.

It helped me to help others with their audio conundrums.

It helped me make acquaintances with like minded music lovers.

It helped me sell some excess gear.

It helped me to avoid Mike Gibson since I now know what he looks like. :D
 
The music forum posts. I find new music there often. I particular like the genre specific threads. The only negative for me is the same entry in a half-dozen threads. It shouldn't bother me but it does.
I also was persuaded to give streaming a try, and it has been a fantastic tool for checking out new bands.
 
I just asked for anyone who might have a schematic and it showed up within a couple hours, maybe less. The most important thing though, is there are great people here whom I've never met, but we all have a great community...but that happens all the time.
 
AK has provided a public repository for schematics and other design documentation for all the amplifiers I've designed recently. My prototypes will eventually end up in the hands of folks who might not have any other access to information needed for maintenance. Not to mention that I've achieved a little notoriety in the process! ;)
 
I am not sure you can call it helping.

One Aker sent me a link to an Ebay ad for a Sota Star Sapphire.

But then I needed an arm.

Then another AKer sent me a link to an Audiogon ad for a SME V arm.

I am really not sure this qualifies as help...

Cheers
Mister Pig
Come on man, I helped you empty your wallet....do you think thats easy?
 
Aside from the usual audio knowledge, the members have helped with my ebay sales. The best suggesting I got was to buy a Zebra printer for USPS postage. It paid for itself in no time.
 
I went through a painful period recently...lost my wife of 35 years.AK and audio in general is what helped me get through it.You gravitate to your other deep interests to cope.
Ok SD, you kept that one in, I didn't know anything about that. You do have my support totally though and I'll be there for you if you want to talk.

Condolences, and God rest her soul.
 
I went through a painful period recently...lost my wife of 35 years.AK and audio in general is what helped me get through it.You gravitate to your other deep interests to cope.
I am sorry to read this, and I certainly don't have the words to be of help. Take care, and remember those who have left us for a little while. Eventually we all go, and where we go I believe there will be reunions, so our separation from those we love is only temporary.

Take care, and I hope those who are in your life can help make some of the burdens we bear a bit easier to shoulder.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
AK provides me endless daily entertainment and education while perusing threads written by mostly very bright and wise folks. Where else can you do that?
 
Back
Top Bottom