• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How long has it been since you bought a piece of gear?

Today...bought a pair of Paradigm Atom Monitor v6's to alternate with my Epos ELS 3's in the home office system...sound damn good too!
 
yesterday i took delivery of a nakamichi mr-1 pro cassette deck; from ebay. i got it for under $70 ($1k new) shipped; didnt expect much for that $ so after cleaning/degaussing heads, etc, i turned it on and

IT WORKS AND SOUNDS GREAT!

this, along with my nak 600, will keep my cassettes happy!:yes:
and it's built like a tank, literally! all steel/auminum on the outside, 'cept for switches.
 
Almost only counts in horseshoes...

But I walked past a Kenwood TK-66 and a Sansui 4000 today.

And I passed up a SX-1280 on Monday for which I was thoroughly chastised in the thread I started in Dollars and Sense. :D

Last thing I actually bought was a Kenwood KR-3130 a little over a week ago.
 
a few weeks

I picked up a harmon Kardon HK-505 integrated amp and matching HK-500tuner for $30, and I also got a free pair of Heathkit AS-101's, cabinets are in need of refinish, they sound OK tho...pretty harsh sound, good for free!
 
My take on it: too long since I bought anything audio
My wife's take on it: way too recently
The truth? Just over a month. Onkyo TX 4500 mkII at a charity shop for $6. I was eying one of the newest Cambridge Audio DACs yesterday, though. Sounded really fine for the money.
 
Back
Top Bottom