• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How similar are the 881 and 9010 ?

rl1856

Active Member
Just saw a dusty 9010 at a thrift store. Research indicates that it is related to the 881.

How close are they ?

Thanks,

Ross
 
Register to hide this ad
The 9010 is the black faced brother to the 881. The same relation ship as a 990 and 9090. The black paint and the model designations are the only differences. They are identical otherwise. I recently picked up a 9010 and an 881. When I get them cleaned up, I'll post some side by side pictures.

- Pete
 
gear

Hey Pete, sounds like you are catching up, a roundie, now a couple more totl receivers, good for you!!!!
Casey:banana:
 
Not even close Casey. You still have 100 pieces on me. Besides, I'm not sure you can classify the 881/9010 as top of the line. They were sold concurrently with the 8080 and 9090. They are also physically smaller than the x0x0 series. Smaller than a 7070 anyway.

- Pete
 
They were top of the line for the market they were intended to fill.... office or entry level. A lot less flashy than the bigger models for sure.

Ron
 
Back
Top Bottom