• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hugh Hefner, Playboy Founder and Leader of '60s Sexual Revolution, Dies at 91

Although I never met Hef, I've met a few bunnies and they were all extremely smart and interesting people. There is/was a culture surrounding them that was very friendly, inclusionary and supportive. The women I met from the new york office were also pretty exceptional people from what I saw. I know it is easy to look at Hugh Hefner and reduce his world into pornography or "pimp" but there was definitely a lot more going on there. I don't pretend it was all positive, but it certainly wasn't all negative either. I always found it interesting that so few people who knew him ever had something bad to say. In fact, I can only think of one person who 1) had personal knowledge of Hugh Hefner as a person and 2) Had bad things to say. That is pretty remarkable IMO.
 
What I really got a kick outta was the cartoons. Some were a real blast! Not always politically correct by today's standards, but they made their point at the time.

For example the crocodile standing in the docket in court spouting off, "Of course I did it in cold blood, you idiot!".

Q
 
Hef deserves the "Man Of The Century Award"....
I admired him just for the time he spent with Barbie Benton....she was special.
I`m betting that he requested to be buried with his ever-present gallon jug of Viagra by his side.... :-)
 
What I really got a kick outta was the cartoons. Some were a real blast! Not always politically correct by today's standards, but they made their point at the time.

For example the crocodile standing in the docket in court spouting off, "Of course I did it in cold blood, you idiot!".

Q
Right......you bought playboy magazine for the cartoons. :rolleyes:
 
Money for nothing and sex for free.....that's the way to be !!

He defined the lifestyle of the single male jet setter that put career first and pleasure second. Before that, a single man's business life was thought to be devoid of worth while life experiences. Hugh just filled a void with style and pleasure...
 
Money for nothing and sex for free.....that's the way to be !!

He defined the lifestyle of the single male jet setter that put career first and pleasure second. Before that, a single man's business life was thought to be devoid of worth while life experiences. Hugh just filled a void with style and pleasure...
He also gave an opportunity to thousands of women who chose that lifestyle.
 
He also gave an opportunity to thousands of women who chose that lifestyle.

True...

The cool suave interpretation was defined by the International set long before Hugh became interested in creating a brand for the American male. Fact is all the girls I knew in the seventies read both Playboy and Rolling Stones mag for its intellectual content. The fact that accurate knowledge of ones world and why it was all happening was more important than trivial pursuits and personal gain. I don't believe that there was an actual difference between what men and women went through, just that the recognition of ones efforts was defined by ones sex at that time.
 
Back
Top Bottom