• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I can only dream!

Register to hide this ad
Just saw it. Master Carver hand wound the transformers personally, using solid silver wire for the secondaries. I bet these will go for 30K or more.
 
tube amp and 900wrms together sounds funny.

451$ shipping to my house is a bit high, I'll pass.

325 pounds, amazing stuff.

I'll "watch" for now and pick it up for 100$ at a goodwill in my next life (or the one after that)
 
"...the output tubes should last 50 years. This amp has a lifetime guarantee. It's my life and as long as I'm alive I will fix it free. I'll replace the output tubes free if they should become defective, even if you drop the amp on them."

Custom Bob Carver hubris...but the guy can back it up!
 
Bob Carver is an amazing designer. Not only a very talented and dignified man, you can tell how passionate he is and how much he cares by his replies to people. I hope I get to meet him someday and have a beer with him. The only person I see at his level is Ron Evans at McIntosh. Another great guy.
 
Bob Carver is an amazing designer. Not only a very talented and dignified man, you can tell how passionate he is and how much he cares by his replies to people. I hope I get to meet him someday and have a beer with him. The only person I see at his level is Ron Evans at McIntosh. Another great guy.


You can meet him at CarverFest in the mountains of NC every year. Go to www.carveraudio.com for details (10-20 Sep this year). I spent several days with him there in 2008; he's a GREAT PERSON.

I'm headed back again this Sep for 5 days~

$20,100.20 & 5 days left on the auction.....
 
I'm going to meet Mr. Carver in a couple of weeks. He invited me to his friends house for a listening session. Can't wait. He insists I bring some of my own gear to play with. I told him I only have average vintage tube stuff, he didn't seem to mind. Seems like a heck of a mench.
 
I'm going to meet Mr. Carver in a couple of weeks. He invited me to his friends house for a listening session. Can't wait. He insists I bring some of my own gear to play with. I told him I only have average vintage tube stuff, he didn't seem to mind. Seems like a heck of a mench.

SO....how was it?
 
Back
Top Bottom