• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ID weird Eiffel Tower looking speaker?

It looks like they may pivot on the base. It does not look like its lined up to well when the photo was taken. Id have to say I think it is light through the screen also. It almost looks like a downward firing omni-direction driver at the very top of where the light shines through. The middle???..... is it possible to have a cone on both sides of a single magnet? Like two tweeter diaphragms facing out? Looks like two horns with one magnet.

Duevel came to mind but I can't find any that look like these.
 
Last edited:
I'm picturing something like an air motion driver flanked by some kind of dispersion lens with a midrange enclosure above and below and a low range driver at the bottom. Like am MTMW design. And there are posts at the 4 corners to hold it all together like the upper section of a Vandersteen.

And dragons. I picture dragons.

I like it. :thmbsp:

Funny how there are clearly two camps here, the see-throughers and the dispersion horners.
 
Yeah, I am still in the "see-throughers" crowd. Anyone else noticed the back of the couch showing through the grill?!?!?


Yep, I agree. You are seeing the back wall through the grill/sock cloth. If you look closely you can just make out the curled back part of the couch.
 
Update: Talked to the owner - that is definitely light coming through the middle. What is inside remains a mystery. The grill cloth is stapled on, so it's a decision whether to take it off or not. Might not go back on easily. But she got them hooked up, and says they work and sound good to her.
 
CH46E, that middle section does look about right. That would be a pretty good hand-me-down. In the picture you link to, though, they look more rectangular…?
 
Update: There is a second set that appear to be most likely DIY omnidirectional - smaller trapezoidal black boxes, no logos or anything, upward-facing JBL mid-woofer, omnidirectional tweeter, supported on a strut (lingo?) above. At some point, I'll invite the owner to post pics if she wants. Best guess is DIY for those other ones too.
 
Back
Top Bottom