• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Identify this Cartridge please!

sethc

New Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me to identify the cartridge that I have! Here is a photo! Thanks in advance!

-Seth

PicShells_zps6b94fd97.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
At first glance, because of the Japanese characters, it looks that way, but they are different than Koetsu markings. Anyone speak or read Japanese?
 
Thanks! Any idea what these are worth nowadays?

Sadly I do not know. It was well rated in it's day. I would contact Soundsmith and talk to them about a rebuild. There was also a Blue Goldspot version and it has a gold spot on the front and multiple mounting holes. Vinyl Engine should have more information about the cartridge.
 
Last edited:
Sadly I do not know. It was well rated in it's day. I would contact Soundsmith and talk to them about a rebuild.

It works great when I try it through my HH Scott 299c, although the output is a bit low. I'm sure a rebuild couldn't hurt though. Thanks JohnMichael!
 
It works great when I try it through my HH Scott 299c, although the output is a bit low. I'm sure a rebuild couldn't hurt though. Thanks JohnMichael!


It is a low output MC and you may need a step up transformer or a separate phono preamp. I think the output was .4 volts so I am not surprised it sounded quiet.
 
Back
Top Bottom