• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

IMF RSPM Mk-IV - Springfield MO - $750

Register to hide this ad
They do indeed look awesome (also not affiliated). More info for those interested:

http://www.marklev.com/IMF/RSPM/index.html

and pictures (not the specific speakers for sale):

rspm-iv-1.jpg


rspm-front.jpg
 
Amazing speakers, but too bad no stands. I'd probably still get 'em.

Yeah stands would be nice... but still, a pair of these for under a grand is a deal I say.

Interesting thing is I don't see the adjustment pots on the lower bezels. Did they have them in different locations for various models?
 
Yeah stands would be nice... but still, a pair of these for under a grand is a deal I say.

Interesting thing is I don't see the adjustment pots on the lower bezels. Did they have them in different locations for various models?

If I recall correctly, it's the Mark VII's that have them on the front and then these ones have them on the back. I could be mistaken, but that's what I remember.
 
If I recall correctly, it's the Mark VII's that have them on the front and then these ones have them on the back. I could be mistaken, but that's what I remember.

The ones pictured above are MK IV's and they are on the front. Interesting! :scratch2:

For prosterity...

5L65G35S53M53Fb3Hbc7edf0f36eaf0dd1e30.jpg


5Eb5Q65H33Ge3K43Ifc7ef62e68a87a041513.jpg
 
Last edited:
The ones pictured above are MK IV's and they are on the front. Interesting! :scratch2:

For prosterity...

Actually now that I look at some more pictures, it looks like the RSPM MK IV had some on the front and some were on the back. The RSPM MK VII had them on the back from what I can tell.

Weird!
 
I had the Mark IV, there is a removable lower front panel cover under which the contour adjustment controls are located. Fine speaker, one of the best of it's time.
 
The design paper and schematic included in the second post sure look interesting! I'd love to hear a pair...seems like that KEF driver showed up in numerous high-end designs of that era. Must be a good driver!
 
KEF "racetrack" woofer was a classic driver. IMF bass was renowned for extension right down to 20 Hz and very tight! Not great power handling in the bass though, but I never had a problem until I started to buy Telarc CDs with big bass drums.
 
KEF "racetrack" woofer was a classic driver. IMF bass was renowned for extension right down to 20 Hz and very tight! Not great power handling in the bass though, but I never had a problem until I started to buy Telarc CDs with big bass drums.

These RSPM's go below 20hz. :) The TLS 80 II's are rated down to 20hz, whereas the RSMP MK VI is rated down to 16hz if I recall right.

Pretty amazing for a loudspeaker! And they sound incredible too..
 
That's an asking price, with a "make offer" button - and they haven't sold. I wouldn't rely on that for pricing at all.
 
I had the Mark IV, there is a removable lower front panel cover under which the contour adjustment controls are located. Fine speaker, one of the best of it's time.

Thanks KMan, the mystery is solved! A removable panel. :thmbsp:

$(KGrHqZ,!r!E-ZFv0yWeBP0WLoD6W!~~60_12.JPG


$(KGrHqN,!k0E-j-pF5!SBP0WL6iEog~~60_12.JPG
 
I recently saw an Ebay auction of Fried ? Dalesford drivers. Correct crossover values with electrolytics caps and air core inductors. The Fried drivers had deeper magnets then stock versons. Can't tell by photo angle. Not the most acoustically correct use of the drivers after viewing the encloure design. The 10 driver require a 4.75 cu. ft. t-line like all of the Fried 10' t-lines.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dalesford-Dynaudio-Pristine-Speaker-and-Crossover-vintage-/330715546703
 
These RSPM's go below 20hz. :) The TLS 80 II's are rated down to 20hz, whereas the RSMP MK VI is rated down to 16hz if I recall right.

Pretty amazing for a loudspeaker! And they sound incredible too..

I never got much out of them below 20 Hz but yeah I think IMF claimed sub 20 Hz response. In the right room I don't doubt they could do it. As you say, pretty amazing for a loudspeaker.
 
Back
Top Bottom