• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Info on these Bozaks??

nairb6868

New Member
I found these on CL listed as Bozak Rhapsody II's.
I can't seem to find any information on them.
Anyone know anything about these?
Thanks.

01010_4sQASpQ576s_1200x900.jpg 00303_dP5YqhM84yh_1200x900.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
If they are Bozaks, they are probably from the last few years of the company. They look to be well built with good drivers, did you buy them?
 
Definitely later models,which they aren't known for,i never saw those before and couldn't find any info on them either.

They may be worth a listen,but if i was looking to buy some bozaks it wouldn't be those.
I saw the listing,for that much you might be able to get some 302's,assuming you can ever find some local.
 
Those were manufactured after Bozak was sold, NEAR purchasing the drivers and the name being separately purchased, and do not have the famed Bozak drivers.
 
As Retrovert said, those are from an attempt to revive the name, that company only lasted a couple years - around '90-92 iirc. I heard their version of the Concert Grand back in the day, and was very impressed. I suspect those are quite good too... just not " real" Bozaks in most folks eyes.
 
Those were after a furniture company bought the Bozak name, and I think had zero relationship to real Bozaks.....
 
Not a "furniture" company, N.E.A.R. (New England Audio Research) was a good speaker manufacturer, and they just purchased the remains of the Bozaks stock & the rights to use the name. I don't know how much they invested in that, but I suspect it may have been part of their undoing. A shame, as they made some fine sounding speakers .
 
I could be wrong, and since I got booted from the Bozak Yahoo group I can't delve in and check, but I thought that a furniture company got the rights to the Bozak name only, and started making the Rhapsody II and Symphony II.
 
This one looks like it's from the same line,but has 6 drivers.
Says an Ashland Company on the back.
Don't know if that was NEAR,or were sold to someone else at some point.BOZAK RAP 2.JPG BOZAK RAP.JPG
 
I wonder if that's the same Ashland that made the huge hysteresis motors for the Rek-O-Kut B12H.
 
The Bozak name was sold off, the Bozak parts, tooling etc. went to NEAR New England Audio Resource, which made some very good speakers until they were sold and I believe only some outdoor speakers are still made under the near name.
 
Its Saturday morning and looking around audiokarma I happened upon this posting (sorry I'm late to the party) and what do I find someone else asking questions about the Bozak Rhapsody ll. I am guessing we must of been looking at CL around the same time. I also tried to find info on them, there is none. After looking around for several days I found some info on the Concerto ll the next speaker up the line from the Rhapsody ll. Someone who has them highly recommended if you find any of the new Bozaks they are worth a listen. Anyway I happen to live 20 miles from the seller who was a great guy. Having very similar taste in music and speakers to compare them to, he let me listen for hours, I personally found them much more enjoyable then a pair of Thiel CS 2.5. What can I say this was the best $250 speaker purchase I have made to date. These are excellent speakers with a wide soundstage, great clarity and detail. I have quite a few speakers, some higher end vintage B&Ws, Dahlquists etc and these are significantly better in fact they are my current favorites. I can't speak to what these sound like compared to vintage Bozaks but that was not what I was looking for, it was the recognition of the high quality drivers/cabinetry and because of that I thought they may be really good that originally peaked my interest to go take a look. If anyone out there has more info on these speakers I would be curious.
 
Back
Top Bottom